Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
correct me i'm wrong, but you get a $600 a week for 4 months if you are unemployed :manny:

it says you get it for 4 months. but isn't unemployment benefit up to 26 weeks? regardless, $2400 monthly ish ain't too bad if you ask me. it's enough to get back on track
They gone have past due bills that have piled up. Some will have past due mortgages and rent that will be owed.

In California and NY, dem checks will go quick. Might last a bit in the midwest.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
correct me i'm wrong, but you get a $600 a week for 4 months if you are unemployed :manny:

it says you get it for 4 months. but isn't unemployment benefit up to 26 weeks? regardless, $2400 monthly ish ain't too bad if you ask me. it's enough to get back on track

It's $600 a week on top of what you were already getting for unemployment. So, if unemployment is $378 in VA, you get a total of 0f $978 a week in benefits for four months.

That's really not bad. I'll give credit to Congress for that one provision.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML

My understanding is it's an extra 600 on top of your regular unemployment

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Hill
·
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin dismissed concerns over the massive spike in unemployment claims reported this week — nearly five times the highest level on record— saying it was "not relevant" because the stimulus package passed by the Senate has some financial relief: “I just think these numbers right now are not relevant... the president is protecting these people."

The package includes forgivable bridge loans to small businesses that keep their workers on the books, and includes a retroactive provision to encourage them to rehire and cover the wages of recently laid off workers.

About this website

THEHILL.COM

Mnuchin: Massive surge in unemployment claims 'not relevant' because of stimulus
The package includes forgivable bridge loans to small businesses that keep their workers on the books, and includes a retroactive provision to encourage them to rehire and cover the wages of recently laid off workers.