Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I’d only like to hear from the households in need who made more than the cap...I get everyone wants free money, but there are actual people who make over the cap AND actually have need right now.

fully employed households making over the cap (and even those making under the cap yet haven’t experienced a negative impact on their wages) who have experienced no hardship from this should stop whining. I’m frustrated with the amount of money they’re throwing at corporations, but I also can’t care about people doing as well as they were before the outbreak just wanting to hit a lick

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d only like to hear from the households in need who made more than the cap...I get everyone wants free money, but there are actual people who make over the cap AND actually have need right now.

fully employed households making over the cap (and even those making under the cap yet haven’t experienced a negative impact on their wages) who have experienced no hardship from this should stop whining. I’m frustrated with the amount of money they’re throwing at corporations, but I also can’t care about people doing as well as they were before the outbreak just wanting to hit a lick

This is reasonable. But if the intended goal of the cash payments is to stimulate the economy, then maybe it should be more robust.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This is reasonable. But if the intended goal of the cash payments is to stimulate the economy, then maybe it should be more robust.
It’s not about stimulating the economy, in many states, most of the place you could spend the money are closed, it’s about the extra cash some people need in the middle of furloughs, reduced hours and layoffs. Furthermore, if you weren’t impacted, you’re in position to maintain your same levels of spending

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

The amount of money Wall Street is slated to get is absurd, I think we're all in agreement with that.

We don't qualify for stimulus under these guidelines and we'll be good but I do believe every adult should receive some form of payment simply to encourage spending. One thing that will hurt the economy is if people start hoarding their disposable income like toilet paper and aren't spending.

Now what that amount to every adult looks like, I couldn't begin to tell you but if people have even a few hundred dollars of disposable income to spend, that would help keep the economy from bottoming out as well as the morale of dealing with the changes to everyday life.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
It’s not about stimulating the economy, in many states, most of the place you could spend the money are closed, it’s about the extra cash some people need in the middle of furloughs, reduced hours and layoffs. Furthermore, if you weren’t impacted, you’re in position to maintain your same levels of spending
More than half of the US workforce will still be gainfully employed through this time. Protection is needed for the unemployed because we know a portion of the workforce has or will in the near future be out of work but its also meant to attempt to maintain a reasonable level of spending by injecting additional cash.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm not certain that's the goal, but if it is :francis:

If there ever was a need for stimulus, it's now. People can spend online. Plus employed people are cutting down on spending in fear of layoffs so more money in their pockets will encourage them to spend.

Look at how many people were ready to spend in this thread, let alone the one in TLR. :heh:

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps

personally, don’t think there should be any caps on the check, period. But the cap they’re suggesting I think is especially pointless. If they want to do a cap.. why not give everyone the money.. and if you make over X amount in 2020, you owe it come tax time next year. I think 75k flat is a pretty bad number cause that ain’t really shyt in NY, LA, etc.

Under the current rules I’ll get a check because I didn’t make shyt in 2018, but I’ll likely make over 75k this year and won’t likely experience any hardship (at least no indication I will so far). But I can see a ton of scenarios where someone had a great 2018 and is jobless right now. Just seems kind of gutless that these people are so quick to write a blank check for corporations and are likely leaving a large amount of people out to dry. Say you made 100k in 2018.. doesn’t at all mean you’re living large in 2020

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
personally, don’t think there should be any caps on the check, period. But the cap they’re suggesting I think is especially pointless. If they want to do a cap.. why not give everyone the money.. and if you make over X amount in 2020, you owe it come tax time next year. I think 75k flat is a pretty bad number cause that ain’t really shyt in NY, LA, etc.

Under the current rules I’ll get a check because I didn’t make shyt in 2018, but I’ll likely make over 75k this year and won’t likely experience any hardship (at least no indication I will so far). But I can see a ton of scenarios where someone had a great 2018 and is jobless right now. Just seems kind of gutless that these people are so quick to write a blank check for corporations and are likely leaving a large amount of people out to dry. Say you made 100k in 2018.. doesn’t at all mean you’re living large in 2020
That actually is a good point, qualifications would be based on income from essentially 2 years ago and that is not indicative of a person's current financial status one way or the other.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not certain that's the goal, but if it is :francis:

If there ever was a need for stimulus, it's now. People can spend online. Plus employed people are cutting down on spending in fear of layoffs so more money in their pockets will encourage them to spend.

Look at how many people were ready to spend in this thread, let alone the one in TLR. :heh:
I don’t look at TLR for anything of substance :francis:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I’m seeing reports of one-time payments for citizens and $500 billion for corporations. Why did I expect anything else?

:bryan:

I’ve possibly never been more disappointed to be an american than I am right now.
neither side can convince this was a good deal. Im interested to see how they try and get me to vote for them after this nonsense