Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I'm seeing one time payment of $1200 and four months of $600 for unemployed. Where are you seeing $2400 for 4 months?
  • One time 1200
  • Additional 600 week unemployment on top of regular unemployment benefits for 4 months
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ate-coronavirus-economic-stimulus-2-trillion/

It would significantly boost unemployment insurance benefits, expanding eligibility and offering workers an additional $600 a week for four month, on top of what state unemployment programs pay. Millions of Americans have filed for unemployment benefits in the past few weeks, flooding a system that isn’t designed to cope with a sudden wave of applicants.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Unemployment has been increased $600/wk in addition to your weekly benefit. In Cali, max weekly benefit is $450, so now that’s $1050/wk
That's what I understood as well. Which is not nearly enough not just in NY and Cali but anywhere in the US.

• One time 1200
  • Additional 600 week unemployment on top of regular unemployment benefits for 4 months
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ate-coronavirus-economic-stimulus-2-trillion/
So how is that $2400/month?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
That's what I understood as well. Which is not nearly enough not just in NY and Cali but anywhere in the US.

So how is that $2400/month?
Unemployment has never been anywhere near people’s real wages. The average weekly benefit received is $350, adding an extra $600 a week is huge for that program. If you want to argue that unemployment in general should be higher/closer to real wage replacement, fine, but given what our unemployment system currently is, they just gave people almost 3x the amount they’d normally get

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Unemployment has never been anywhere near people’s real wages. The average weekly benefit received is $350, adding an extra $600 a week is huge for that program. If you want to argue that unemployment in general should be higher/closer to real wage replacement, fine, but given what our unemployment system currently is, they just gave people almost 3x the amount they’d normally get
That's better, I thought it would be just additional $600 per month.
Unemployment should see a change and there should be nationalized standards. I'm not even here to argue that.

Hopefully we will see state legislators take up the mantle and further expand their benefits and requirements during this time (hopefully forever).

NC Senator was bragging about how much UI cash they had in the reserves. :francis:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
All the rest of the money is going to be dumped in wallstreet that is why futures are up.

If you are a millionaire you can buy shares cheap right now and double the money at the end of the year BUT the 90% of the population can’t play these games and be happy with $1200 if you qualify :pacspit: