Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I’ve selfishly been rooting for a payroll tax suspension.... what’s the arguments against it in particular? Why is it a non-starter for the Dems
That businesses aren't required to stop withholding it and immediately turn it over to employees.

Further it doesn't address the millions of unemployed workers. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
that was my perception

pelosi can play hardball if she wants, but shes negotiating with people who dont want to spend another dime and dont even give a fukk if theres another bill or not. i dont know if the dems are gonna get what they want here :patrice:
They never had leverage.

It’s the difference between spouses trying to figure out where to go on vacation vs one spouse who doesn’t want to go anywhere and one who does.

The rules around suing an employer during an ongoing pandemic where information is constantly changing is going to be an expense/time most people won’t take on for a minimum wage job. They may want liability protections but they don’t need them.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve selfishly been rooting for a payroll tax suspension.... what’s the arguments against it in particular? Why is it a non-starter for the Dems
frankly, if none of the dems will cut it and half the repubs wont cut it, im gonna go out on a limb and say we shouldnt cut it

someone has to pay for at least some of the fukkin budget this year :dead:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
frankly, if none of the dems will cut it and half the repubs wont cut it, im gonna go out on a limb and say we shouldnt cut it

someone has to pay for at least some of the fukkin budget this year :dead:

most republicans dont want to lose their older voters (medicare and ss recipients)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
most republicans dont want to lose their older voters (medicare and ss recipients)
I'm going to go out on a sturdy limb and saying that believe government providing for its citizens for almost a year will show a lot of conservatives how palatable progressive proposals are.

Further progressives have successfully moved the Dem party left in many common sense areas.

If they cosign this they are probably signing off on the end of their ideology and likely their power and grift.

I'm all for it though.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I'm going to go out on a sturdy limb and saying that believe government providing for its citizens for almost a year will show a lot of conservatives how palatable progressive proposals are.

Further progressives have successfully moved the Dem party left in many common sense areas.

If they cosign this they are probably signing off on the end of their ideology and likely their power and grift.

I'm all for it though.

That's logical but the world is not logical

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
5-12-20econf1.png

It trickles out over time and it doesn’t help people who need it most

Trump is the only one who wants cause it gives the rich more money and hurts SS

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I'm all for it though.
They said this before the ACA passed. It’s easier to stop things than to take it away.

So they essentially run propaganda to make the Dems think it’s too dangerous than just let them try it. So Dems look double weak for not believing in their own policy. Republicans do less work to undermine the Dems cause they do it themselves

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They said this before the ACA passed. It’s easier to stop things than to take it away.

So they essentially run propaganda to make the Dems think it’s too dangerous than just let them try it. So Dems look double weak for not believing in their own policy. Republicans do less work to undermine the Dems cause they do it themselves

they also assume that most of their voter base has a damn job :mjlol:.

They are taking a huge risk.

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dems should have just folded, and got something. Playing hardball with racist who have racist fan bases is stupid. Republicans know they won’t be voted out by white Americans.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Dems should have just folded, and got something. Playing hardball with racist who have racist fan bases is stupid. Republicans know they won’t be voted out by white Americans.
Have you seen the HEALS act :dead:

If the Dems caved to that shyt we'd be right back at square one in a month and they would no longer have any standing to disagree with the next bullshyt bill.

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you seen the HEALS act :dead:

If the Dems caved to that shyt we'd be right back at square one in a month and they would no longer have any standing to disagree with the next bullshyt bill.

Yeah I get it, but now trump about to look like the hero if he can pass these EO. Coming into election season that the worse possible thing for Dems.