Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
no one can force anyone to work anywhere :yeshrug: this isnt cuba. and if a business is egregiously violating then yes, there should be consequences. im not a fukkin koch brother :heh:

but this goes back to the point ive been making in this thread the entire time :dead: why the fukk should any, single one of the millions of walmart/grocery workers there are in this country go to work tomorrow when it would be safer and more profitable to be on unemployment? that's the glaring problem that i'm not seeing being answered by any of this shyt. if this bill passes to extend the 600 through the rest of the year, they should all go on strike tomorrow

and those jobs are literally on just about the farthest end of the spectrum when it comes to the danger of getting the virus
Healthcare

in many states, you refuse work or quit you can’t collect unemployment. Walmart isn’t going to decide to say you were laid off so your claim can go through when you decided to quit.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Healthcare

in many states, you refuse work or quit you can’t collect unemployment. Walmart isn’t going to decide to say you were laid off so your claim can go through when you decided to quit.
the bill should rise all tides and lift all boats, or whatever the fukk the phrase is. i dont think anyone's dragging their ass outta bed for shytty walmart health insurance that they probably wont need to use anyway :dead:

@DJ Paul's Arm just said they're thinking of getting rid of federal unemployment and just giving everyone 2 grand, working or not working. thats a far better proposal than the current system, in my humble opinion. i'd knock it down to 1 grand if you're working, but whatever

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
no one can force anyone to work anywhere :yeshrug: this isnt cuba. and if a business is egregiously violating then yes, there should be consequences. im not a fukkin koch brother :heh:

but this goes back to the point ive been making in this thread the entire time :dead: why the fukk should any, single one of the millions of walmart/grocery workers there are in this country go to work tomorrow when it would be safer and more profitable to be on unemployment? that's the glaring problem that i'm not seeing being answered by any of this shyt. if this bill passes to extend the 600 through the rest of the year, they should all go on strike tomorrow

and those jobs are literally on just about the farthest end of the spectrum when it comes to the danger of getting the virus

The NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS Players Unions all oppose that liability protection shid.

Now imagine low wage workers who don't have the resources of pro athletes. Fukk that liability shield.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, MLS Players Unions all oppose that liability protection shid.

Now imagine low wage workers who don't have the resources of pro athletes. Fukk that liability shield.
the ones who have been going to work every day for the past 4 months? who are you talking about?

frankly i cant help but notice that they haven't needed to sue anyone

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
the bill should rise all tides and lift all boats, or whatever the fukk the phrase is. i dont think anyone's dragging their ass outta bed for shytty walmart health insurance that they probably wont need to use anyway :dead:

@DJ Paul's Arm just said they're thinking of getting rid of federal unemployment and just giving everyone 2 grand, working or not working. thats a far better proposal than the current system, in my humble opinion. i'd knock it down to 1 grand if you're working, but whatever
once again you’re always thinking from so uncommitted single, laissez faire perspective. 1 - plenty of people need health insurance, and parents definitely aren’t going to give up a job with healthcare for unemployment. 2 - who gives up health coverage in the middle of a pandemic that’s affecting lower income earners :dahell:

If they choose to give everyone money, fine, if they don’t, there needs to be a UI subsidy

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they're not unionized mostly
look, at the end of the day you're right. obviously businesses should get punished if they're putting workers out there in bullshyt ass working conditions

i just cant imagine how we move forward as a society if every time you turn on the TV there's a "did you contract covid, call us and we'll sue someone" commercial. im trying to look at it from the other side of it, there has to be a middle ground as far as liability. because its not just gonna be big corporate businesses who can eat lawsuits

bnew

Veteran
Daps
the ones who have been going to work every day for the past 4 months? who are you talking about?

frankly i cant help but notice that they haven't needed to sue anyone

which is an argument against liability protection especially since lots of essential workers have died or been hospitalized because of covid, which was likely contracted while working.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
which is an argument against liability protection especially since lots of essential workers have died or been hospitalized because of covid, which was likely contracted while working.
so how exactly would those lawsuits work? can you expand on it or give examples?

again, i hate to say it but liability = america completely collapses. and obviously on the other side theres deaths. theres no easy answer

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

bnew

Veteran
Daps
so how exactly would those lawsuits work? can you expand on it or give examples?

again, i hate to say it but liability = america completely collapses. and obviously on the other side theres deaths. theres no easy answer

If a dereliction to abide by any health code procedures pertaining to the coronavirus can be proven then businesses should be liable. Employees shouldn't be coerced into working in conditions that expose them to a potentially lethal virus. Even if the virus doesn't end up killing a person, they could incur medical debt just dealing with it. There have been countless examples and experiences re-told by employees of the precarious working conditions they're being made to work in.

It's been reported that a particular airline will no longer sanitize common touch areas between flights. they'll still sanitize overnight though.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
maybe you wont even have to re-file

in a perfect world they see who filed the weeks in question and automatically deposit the money regardless if you are working at the moment or not
Oh friend I recently got a new gig, but there's massive temptation to still file unemployment, the odds of them catching it are super small. But, ehh.