Stimulus & Bailout Watch Thread

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh, income limit needs to be 250k :mad:
It should be universal with no limit. If they want to cap it then take the money back from anyone who makes over a certain amount of gross income on next year's tax filing, without the benefit included, you can cap that at $250,000 if you're doing a cap. That way everyone is getting help if they need it and no one who loses their previously comfortable job has to wait on the unemployment system to be able to survive or lose out because of money from their previous tax returns, that they no longer make.

If you're making a $250,000 a year and you know you'll have to pay the benefit back you aren't going to spend it unless you lose that job and are no longer making that amount. Meanwhile you can make interest on it so you still come out ahead.
You sure? Mofos just gave me a 2.5% apr on a car loan to finance my Scatpack RT 392 hemi :ehh:

He said business lending, as in loans for businesses.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

6 figures 6 series 6 certs coli brehs ain’t got this issue:wow:

IMG-0884.png

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Everyone should get money. If we're going to tout UBI as necessary then we should make it universal and not argue for means testing while making that argument

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone should get money. If we're going to tout UBI as necessary then we should make it universal and not argue for means testing while making that argument
i can't imagine making over 200 thousand dollars per year but needing UBI :yeshrug: my violin for those people is pretty small. actually it doesnt exist

and i thought everyone wants to raise taxes on the rich, isn't cutting them out of UBI the exact same principle? :heh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i can't imagine making over 200 thousand dollars per year but needing UBI :yeshrug: my violin for those people is pretty small. actually it doesnt exist

and i thought everyone wants to raise taxes on the rich, isn't cutting them out of UBI the exact same principle? :heh:
Then you all don't actually want UBI.:ehh:

There's a pretty common scenario in the black community where the children of successful parents end up in a lower class.

Maybe that 2k a month from there parents can be set aside to provide assurances in the future.

Childcare.
College.
Home down payment.
Investment funds.

:blessed:

attorney fees :francis:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

There's a pretty common scenario in the black community where the children of successful parents end up in a lower class.

Maybe that 2k a month from there parents can be set aside to provide assurances in the future.

Childcare.
College.
Home down payment.
Investment funds.

Im fine with means testing. It can save money

Just make grant money available for people to apply for things like that

Govt shouldnt waste money giving 1 or 2k a month to millionaires

People who advocate ubi for everyone but not a flat tax arent applying consistent logic

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Childcare.
College.
Home down payment.
Investment funds.

i mean i thought the premise of UBI is that the people at the bottom have to scrape by every month, the average american makes 35k a year, etc. trying to budget 2-3 grand a month

someone who makes 13 thousand dollars a month, after taxes, doesn't really seem like they need it :yeshrug:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
i mean i thought the premise of UBI is that the people at the bottom have to scrape by every month, the average american makes 35k a year, etc.

someone who makes 13 thousand dollars a month, after taxes, doesn't really seem like they need it :yeshrug:

Exactly

Its a safety net. Big money makers shouldnt get it. Better remedy is to beef up unemployment so if 6 figure earners lose their job they can stay afloat

And also..if youre making 6 figures and get laid off...its not going to take you long to find new employment