Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
All that nerd culture and the nostalgia?
giphy.webp

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So there's a lot of pop culture cameos ...but I am not sold on the actual movie yet.
Yeah, I didn't read the book but the trailer theme seems weird. This guy is living the shytiest of existences in reality but wants to save some virtual world?! What about improving your real life dude?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The new trailer is way better. Looking forward to this

hdyvpbjoxz3cfdag1mzs.gif

Harley and deathstroke

Yeah, I didn't read the book but the trailer theme seems weird. This guy is living the shytiest of existences in reality but wants to save some virtual world?! What about improving your real life dude?
Welcome to the real world. People now care more about EA putting loot boxes in games, youthink they wouldnt go apeshyt over a virtual world? The OASIS seems to have replaced drugs too.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

All the Easter Eggs & Characters from the trailer:

- Tracer
- Chun-Li
- Ryu
- Lara Croft
- Sagat
- Blanka
- Iron Giant
- Gundam
- Battletoads
- Chucky
- King Kong
- Delorean
- Thunder Cats Belt
- Delta City (Robocop)
- A-Team van
- 1966 Batmobile
- Speed Racer's Mach 5
- Joker & Harley
- Devo hat
- Mortal Kombat character statues
- A bunch of notes about a bunch of movies like LOTR & Indiana Jones
- Atari's Adventure

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
So there's a lot of pop culture cameos ...but I am not sold on the actual movie yet.
I feel the same.

If I didn't know this was based on a critically acclaimed book I wouldn't be giving this the time of day. The Van Halen song was corny, I don't really get why the Oasis is important other than it makes money or something and there's an Easter Egg and that sparks a war to find it, but did the main guy find it? or is finding it?

meh.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The new trailer is way better. Looking forward to this

hdyvpbjoxz3cfdag1mzs.gif

Harley and deathstroke

Welcome to the real world. People now care more about EA putting loot boxes in games, youthink they wouldnt go apeshyt over a virtual world? The OASIS seems to have replaced drugs too.
I disagree, people may use tech a lot but it is all aimed at doing real shyt. I guess there are a lot of gamers out there but it's still not most people.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
the book was awful.

the movie looks like it's changed a good amount.

i dunno if it's gonna be any good.. but a movie that followed the book would've been one of the worst movies ever made.