Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched this movie and had fun

The movie almost lost me when they revealed that they all lived down the block from each other :comeon:but then I saw a Gundam fight Mechagodzilla:blessed:

Other issues I had were the same as some other posters like when he says "My mother's sister" :dahell:like cmon why can't you just say aunt. Or then the girl feels bad about having the birthmark on her face. Like that's really going to stop him from getting some p*ssy, you can throw some make up on that. Then Bo55Man69 pulls up into the crowd with a pistol and has 50 people all :whoa:

I didn't see any trailers after the first one so all the cameos were a big surprise. When they are trying to find out what movie the key is in I instantly said The Shining and got a good laugh when I found out I was right.

I spent the whole movie looking out for Optimus Prime and never saw him:mjcry:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Never read or even knew this was based off a book. And I slept hard, this movie was real good.

Keep in mind the movie changed just about all the game references from the book. The book is mostly references to Dungeons and Dragons and Atari 2600 type of gaming. None of the references are even at the NES level. That wasnt really my scene so i found the movie to be much more enjoyable.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
By far the worst film Spielberg has ever made, holy shyt. I had to take a 10 min break at the halfway point.
This was very lukewarm and mostly fueled by nerd culture pandering and nostalgia.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Kinda mad I waited this long to watch this:francis:I'll get it out of the way first: the story is cliche YA adventure. I got all the references but I could care less about nostalgia in any art form. It'd be nice if everyone shytting on the nostalgic aspects of this movie kept that same energy in general, doe:mjpls:I really enjoyed this movie because it's entertaining and fun as hell. I'm a miserable fukk, so rarely is that my criteria for enjoying films:skip: The premise is what stopped me from initially watching it, but I was bored, and it's Spielberg, so I said why not:yeshrug:There are some genuinely great set pieces in this movie (all three challanges) and it's visually engrossing. While corny at times(a lot really) the humor does work( whoever Mendelsohn's skull cronie was was hilarious). The acting wasn't anything to write home about and the love angle was pretty forced, but considering the length of the movie, it did a really good job of keeping the viewer engaged. I expected harsh reviews since this is Spielberg so everything he does is going to be scrutinized tenfold, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching this. I'll never watch it again, doe:mjlit:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
This shyt was kinda wack. The cameos were cool for like 10 minutes and even those got meh after a while

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Watched it tonight. Movie itself was solid, but all the other franchises it was able to use and reference upped the fun quotient. Iron Giant & Gundam vs. Mecha-Godzilla, Chucky, Jason Voorhees & Freddy Krueger popping up, Battletoads, Zemeckis Cube/Delorean, Batman, Batgirl, old school Doritos & Pizza Hut logos, Atari, classic rock bands, Duke Nukem, etc. Surprised various '80s Spielberg movies weren't referenced (or if they were I missed it); Jaws & E.T. should've popped up somewhere.
He read he purposely didn’t use them because he ain’t want the film to come off as a circle jerk.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I liked it. I enjoyed it and it was fun. A lot of people don’t make films or understand the work and sacrifices that need to be had to make a movie work.

The fact that all the players live near each other does more to make the point of the direction that society is headed.

Won’t kick it with a person in real-life but would be online with them all night. Facebook and Instagram, for instance.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Watched this with the family. Movie was entertaining and a very enjoyable watch. The visual aspects of the challenges were the strongest part of the movie.
The story & acting ranged from solid to generic. Early on in the movie, I felt like this was Charlie & Chocolate Factory.
None the less, the movie was fun and I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you are a gamer or an 80's baby.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
The police showing up at the end, and buddy taking FOREVER to grab the fukking key and put it in the hole :troll: had me legit pissed.

But I still loved this movie!

Last edited: