Steve Sarkisian new Head Football Coach at The University of Texas

husto

Rookie
Daps
They gotta give the next guy 5 years. This is a project

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Again that sounds a lot like Herman before we hired him. Won big games but would drop a head scratcher or two every year.

And everybody acting like Sark isn't deserving when he is basically the HCIW at Bama.
Herman only coached 2 years before being hired, And you really have to put an asterisk on his 2nd year at Houston because EVERYBODY knew he was Texas bound after week 1.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
The money is what draws people to Texas but that situation must be a nightmare. The politics off the field is cancerous.

Any decent coach would avoid that job.

I heard that mentioned about Texas on ESPNU radio a few weeks ago when there was heavy speculation about Herman's job security. I don't remember the dude's name, but he was mentioning how there's politics at just about every power 5 school, but Texas is on another level, and that's why it's not the job people think it is. He called it a miracle that Mack Brown lasted as long as he did.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I heard that mentioned about Texas on ESPNU radio a few weeks ago when there was heavy speculation about Herman's job security. I don't remember the dude's name, but he was mentioning how there's politics at just about every power 5 school, but Texas is on another level, and that's why it's not the job people think it is. He called it a miracle that Mack Brown lasted as long as he did.

This isn't true the only difference at Texas is that the donors money might be longer than most schools and there are separate factions due to the geographic nature of Texas as a state. But other than that the politics are the same. Was no one paying attention what happened at Auburn once Gus was fired?