Steve Ditko Dead At 90

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nah I feel the same way. shyt is sad but karma is a bytch. Him showing up in Deadpool is still the most ridiculous thing I can think of. That man had jack shyt to do with Deadpool :russ:

Meanwhile Liefeld only shows up at conventions smh
Liefeld was gonna be in DP, but he wanted more pouches on his wardrobe. Producers couldn't deal with that so they :camby:

:mjgrin:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah I feel the same way. shyt is sad but karma is a bytch. Him showing up in Deadpool is still the most ridiculous thing I can think of. That man had jack shyt to do with Deadpool :russ:

Meanwhile Liefeld only shows up at conventions smh

He also showed up in Runaways, another franchise he didn't create.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
All this Stan Lee hate

Stan gives credit to the others.
He wasn't as vocal about it back in the day, but he gives credit nowadays. The only thing now is how much he contributed.

Much like bob Kane, he gave credit once other people started speaking up and he couldn’t keep denying stuff or dodging it.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Eh conservative?:patrice: r.i.p I guess. Have a feeling he didn't really like black folks tho

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
RIP the legend. One of the main issues I have with Stan Lee popping up in all these movies and getting an EP credit is him taking credit sole credit for shyt. Ditko and Kirby had just as much to do with marvels success as stan if not more so. And Ditko created a lot of Spider-Man myth and lore that a lot of people don’t know or realize. He will be misssed
Yes, it even went as far that Stan Lee barely wrote books himself and would just give simple outlines (Spider-Man encounters a mad scientist called Doctor Octopus, the Fantastic Four travel back in time!) to Ditko or Kirby who then had to fill in the entire story himself.

No one can deny that Stan was a great "idea man" who put his stamp on things, but almost all of the execution fell on the artists. He was basically the Steve Jobs of comics.

Either way, RIP to one of the GOATs.