Steph Curry gets credited with "changing the NBA", when it was really Mike D'Antoni

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Without a doubt, the Rockets certainly popularized the heliocentric offense by using 3-pt spacing, but what I'm arguing is, when we were all talking about how the NBA changed, in real time, we all had Steph at the center of that discourse. He was the star of that show. He made everyone tune in to a new brand of play, which the Rockets didn't do. I understand the point of arguing about how the Rockets led a specific type of play around 3-pt shooting, but the 3-pt era isn't limited to just being that.

Changing the NBA is how folks see it and how they discuss it, after all, it's sports, and not something which is theoretically judged by some numbers off a stat sheet.

By in large, when the NBA has ushered in a new era thoroughout history, it's coincided with someone being the face of that, where they might not literally be the source of every change, they're just the frontman of it, and to me, that's Steph for the 3-pt era. Years from now, this period will be remembered for his 3-pt shooting and not the Rockets'.

That's just how I see it.

:hubie:
No thats just way it is fam by all accounts and the fact we literally just witnessed it, these nikkas just got agendas aint nobody got time for that shyt. Pringles and now Morey, these dudes are hilarious. Tryna rewrite not even 10 year old history :pachaha:

rbksNgirbauds

Daps
2016 was the official year. NBA changed forever as a result of that year, that team, that player. Indisputably. UNANIMOUSLY

THE END of a certain brand of ball, and the beginning of a new. Its documentated , yall dudes not finna rewrite history with your incessant need to praise these cacs man. Or downplay a player for whatever hoe reason
#PlayerAwardOnly

Daps
No thats just way it is fam by all accounts and the fact we literally just witnessed it, these nikkas just got agendas aint nobody got time for that shyt. Pringles and now Morey, these dudes are hilarious. Tryna rewrite not even 10 year old history :pachaha:

We all did witness it.

I vividly remember during those initial years arguing with a whole lot of cats on this board, when they were making out like Steph's play was a just a gimmick, that his style of play was just a brief phase that would pass, that jumpshooting teams couldn't win and the 3-pt shot would soon lose its novelty and we'd be back to "real hoops".

Steph took the brunt of the criticism around 3-pt shooting when he was rising as a superstar. I remember it all too well.

He changed the whole cotdamn vista of how the game is played; he forced cats to bow down and re-write what they thought the game was.

And now they're out here trying to save face with whatever bullshyt this is, because even so much as acknowleding he was responsible for changing the NBA would mean they'd have to acknowledge they were wrong about him.

This board knows nothing else but fighting on lies.

rbksNgirbauds

Daps

We all did witness it.

I vividly remember during those initial years arguing with a whole lot of cats on this board, when they were making out like Steph's play was a just a gimmick, that his style of play was just a brief phase that would pass, that jumpshooting teams couldn't win and the 3-pt shot would soon lose its novelty and we'd be back to "real hoops".

Steph took the brunt of the criticism around 3-pt shooting when he was rising as a superstar. I remember it all too well.

He changed the whole cotdamn vista of how the game is played; he forced cats to bow down and re-write what they thought the game was.

And now they're out here trying to save face with whatever bullshyt this is, because even so much as acknowleding he was responsible for changing the NBA would mean they'd have to acknowledge they were wrong about him.

This board knows nothing else but fighting on lies.
Facts. To add on, do you remember when the dubs first started ending 3 on 1 breaks with Steph or Klay treyballs? :pachaha:
Unheard of man; and noted every single time by the commentators, every single time. The impact of the splash bros can't be quantified honestly, nor credit shared with a GM or coach. I reject that, that's revisionist.

Daps
Facts. To add on, do you remember when the dubs first started ending 3 on 1 breaks with Steph or Klay treyballs? :pachaha:
Unheard of man; and noted every single time by the commentators, every single time. The impact of the splash bros can't be quantified honestly, nor credit shared with a GM or coach. I reject that, that's revisionist.
I remember when cats thought this was a crime against humanity (some still do). That literally changed how teams approached the break. All this talk about coaches and team 3-pt volume leaves all the nuance out of that out.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I mean Steve Kerr was the Phoenix gm so I'm sure he took parts of Dantonis offense. Kerr has already given Nash and D'Antoni credit for laying the foundation