Step your head wrap game up!

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
I've been in love with these for a while but I never know where they get their scarves from :mjcry:

Edit: :lupe: oh lawd, I think I'm gonna buy 1 to test and see if I can pull it off. Oh lawd these things are $25. Oh lawd I want more than 1. Please don't let shipping be $10.

Edit2: shipping was less than $3 :blessed: we did it.

Last edited:

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
I've been in love with these for a while but I never know where they get their scarves from :mjcry:

Edit: :lupe: oh lawd, I think I'm gonna buy 1 to test and see if I can pull it off. Oh lawd these things are $25. Oh lawd I want more than 1. Please don't let shipping be $10.

Edit2: shipping was less than $3 :blessed: we did it.

:laff::laff:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I've tried so hard to get behind this trend but I always feel like I'm walking out the house with a sleeping rag on my head :scust:

Like..no matter how intricate the knot it or how pretty the scarf, it feels like I shoulda hung that bish up and did my hair before I walked out the house.:yeshrug:

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've tried so hard to get behind this trend but I always feel like I'm walking out the house with a sleeping rag on my head :scust:

Like..no matter how intricate the knot it or how pretty the scarf, it feels like I shoulda hung that bish up and did my hair before I walked out the house.:yeshrug:

girl!! but that is the cheat code to looking presentable without too much effort :wtf:

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the GAWD Solange
solange-1.jpg
tumblr_llgm0jdlyi1qbcmtxo1_500.jpg

I'll be back with more pics!

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
Y'ALL!!!!! I need to post up some pics later cause a chick been looking unnecessarily fly these last couple days :banderas: all I need is a little more practice.

I only got 1 and I'm trying so hard not to go broke on these things but :mjcry: yolo.

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MarieGuilhelmineBenoist-Portrait-dune-Negresse-1800.jpg

:krs:

What these images provide, however, is a different look at how Blacks of the Caribbean perhaps responded to their enslavement, freedom, and reenslavement during the turbulent periods of the French and Haitian Revolutions. The former slave above, for instance, appears confident, strong-minded, and aware of herself and her rights, beyond simply being a prop by the white French painter, who, in this case, was a woman. Furthermore, unlike the common depictions of Blacks in European art of the colonial period, these images stray far from the racist depictions of savage, ugly Blacks with exaggerated physical features or, as in some cases, associations with apes and lesser beings. For an example of the extremely racist, sexist depictions of Black women in European art, Three Young White Men and a Black Woman, or Rape of a Negress, which shows three white males enjoying themselves with an unwilling Black woman, by van Couwenbergh. In addition, such images as the above three illustrate an undeniable link between Freemasonry in France and the Caribbean colonies, and, as Garrigus and others have suggested, may perhaps also allude to the presence of Black and mixed-race Masons in colonial Saint-Domingue, since Toussaint L'Ouverture and others were likely Masons. Moreover, Haitian paintings and history also describe Masonic leaders in the postcolonial period, proof of an undying link from colonial Freemason societies to their 19th and 20th century Haitian mulatto and Black counterparts.

http://ryfigueroa.blogspot.com/2013/05/moi-egal-toi-images-of-black-women-in.html

Last edited:

Arianne Martell

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
aM12067-P1.jpg

This rare painting of a slave by Canadian artist François Malépart de Beaucourt, titled “Portrait of a Haitian Woman,” currently hangs at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. It is believed that de Beaucourt completed the work in Saint Domingue, the French colony that is now Haiti, in 1786, and that the woman in the painting was brought as a slave to Montreal in 1792. The portrait provides a brief glimpse into Canada’s history of slavery. (Courtesy McCord Museum)

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Where can I get these scarves? What kind of fabric is best and I'll just hit up my fabric store? How many yards do I need? I need answers!