Steam Deck OLED - Coming November 16th

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Steam os will be on other devices like ally soon.. valve announced they are working on it :wow: you’ll have the best of both worlds.. no need for a deck.
Valve has been promising a Steam OS for 3rd party devices since before the Steam Deck was released. They have been pretty mum about it over the past 6 months. I think it's on the shelf next to Half Life 3.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
By this logic, why not just skip the OLED and wait for Steam 2 in a couple of years?

There’s always going to be something better over the horizon.
The Steam Deck OLED gets 30-50% better battery life than the original Steam Deck. That’s a huge benefit for a device that isn’t even 2 years old. That’s a huge L to take. People might say it’s just a screen but it’s clearly more than that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Steam Deck OLED gets 30-50% better battery life than the original Steam Deck. That’s a huge benefit for a device that isn’t even 2 years old. That’s a huge L to take. People might say it’s just a screen but it’s clearly more than that.

Yeah, thats how technology works. Same thing happened with the switch, they released a newer model 2 years later that had better battery life, and a year after that released an Oled model, etc.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, thats how technology works. Same thing happened with the switch, they released a newer model 2 years later that had better battery life, and a year after that released an Oled model, etc.
I wanna call u Capn Obvious, but its clear this concept aint obvious for some :skip:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I actually put my launch steam deck in the closet . I can’t deal with screen anymore on darker :mjpls: resident evil style titles.

No matter how much tinkering I do with the contrast is always blown out . The digital foundry comparison of Ori of the blind is exactly how my joint looks :scust:

On 2d titles it’s :mop voice : fiyyyyaaaa

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t get 30-50% better battery life on an iPhone inside of 2 years. It’s usually about the same even if the chipset it upgraded.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t get 30-50% better battery life on an iPhone inside of 2 years. It’s usually about the same even if the chipset it upgraded.

We’re not taking about a phone, we’re taking about gaming handhelds. Are you going to ignore the fact that nintendo released a better switch two years after the original came out just like Valve?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We’re not taking about a phone, we’re taking about gaming handhelds. Are you going to ignore the fact that nintendo released a better switch two years after the original came out just like Valve?
Do you see me making the case Switch launch owners didn’t take an L though? I never said they didn’t.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Thinking about copping this to hold me over for the deck 2… all the other handhelds trash except ally.. and I won’t buy that because of sd card issues

They need to fix windows on the deck.. this would be a instant buy that’s the main issue

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ima bout to try to get mine