Starting to look like the end for Elizabeth Warren campaign. Cancels ads in Nevada and S.Carolina

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Liz wasn’t doing any extreme pandering? This woman said trans people are the backbone of this country :dead:

Oh word? I dont pay attention to any candidates discussing transgender issues straight up :yeshrug: They can live their life but there's gotta be less than 1 percent of the total US population that is trans and somehow its the main focus of the democrats :gucci:. Not to mention that the rest of the LGB crowd has in fighting with them :mjlol:

She was still better than the rest of the lineup imo

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yep I appreciate she wasn't afraid to put actual policies out there. Most everyone else especially the centrists are just throwing out bumper sticker slogans. It all started over Thanksgiving/Christmas break when there was 2 months of the media talking up her "unelectability."

There's a big push to again fall in to this same trap that kills Democrats in every Presidential election. They even rolled out James Carville this week to cry about unelectable liberals when he was saying the same thing about Obama in 2008. We're going to end up with some Bloomberg, Klobuchar type no one gives a fukk about.

Every time I see Klobuchar bullshytting it sets me off breh, like bytch if you dont stfu and cancel your campaign :dahell: :mjlol:

I am not sure what will happen to the economy; on one hand if Democrats lose they avoid taking over during a downturn, if trump stays in the market continues to buck all trends in spite of key indicators that would mean the opposite in normal circumstances

shyt is fukked up

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I wouldn't say "they".

Liz got herself out of the paint when she refused to stand firm on her support for M4A. That weakened her support with progressives who were torn between her and Bernie IMO.

She was always walking the tightrope trying to please 2 masters. She want to be a Progressive Champion while making the status quo comfortable IMHO.
I can see that take.

My take is that there has always been a candidate that sells immediate change or a candidate who says "you can't make changes immediate, you have to make slow incremental change." Liz is the only one who creates plans that will create quick change without immediately blowing everything up to do it. It's refreshing because usually the "change candidate" makes some compromise to their original plan to get it voted in, whereas her plan is the compromise plan.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We just don't get it (Americans). Medicare is the governments answer to discounted or free medical care. Of course your everage working man does not qualify and never will. If y'all want free health care it's going to come at a huge cost of having 50% of your income taxed and long waiting periods to see the doctor could take months for an appointment. fukk around and die waiting to see s doctor cuz u wanted free health care brehs. Go ask Canada how it's working out for them.

That's a lie. I have family in Canada working in healthcare, and the wait time is usually quicker because there are less sick people and an optional payment method if you want to be seen right away. Anyway you cut it, that's a better alternative compared to what America has now.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The sad thing is that shes not progressive enough, hence Sanders's pushing past her in this primary.

But the reality is, Sanders will likely get demolished in a general, in a way that Warren could've avoided, as she's not as toxic to America's political history as Sanders's is.

Warren is a digestible Bernie Sanders, and America is too stupid to see it

Been saying this.

I don’t see Bernie winning at all.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Ran a terrible campaign obsessing about one issue (rich people) to the point of parody. That may work for Bernie and his stans but no one else wants to hear that shyt. Instead of expanding her message she doubled down. Now here we are.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Ran a terrible campaign obsessing about one issue (rich people) to the point of parody. That may work for Bernie and his stans but no one else wants to hear that shyt. Instead of expanding her message she doubled down. Now here we are.
Her message isn't purely about rich people though

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Actually this country is hysterically critical of women in political positions. Down here in New Orleans folks pretty much want to jump on Mayor Cantrell for anything. And many folks, whether they admit it or not, are not crazy about having a female president. It's a wall Hillary ran into(a lot of denial about this; but folks are quick to say they hate her but can't tell you why:russ:). Seeing as how we need someone who can actually win I'm glad she's stepping down. Not sorry about it either. Democrats can't start behaving as if they are in the driver's seat when that simply isn't the case.:yeshrug:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But...but..but.. she thought cutting us a check was beneath her :mjlit:

Maybe if she didn't think that way, her chances would be stronger :mjgrin:

Get this $5 Indian cac outta here :camby:

:russ: you cac dwelling idiot. Reparations on nothing to do with why she is dripping out now you dumbass

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Terrible take. Her messaging is why she is even a factor at all. If anything everything outside of economic message could have caused her issues, especially her foreign policy stances.

She is sharing a lane with Bernie Sanders and he already had an established base. Most of her base, according to some data that was released, were 2016 Bernie supporters. She took like 25% of his supporters and her base makes up very little else. Very few 2016 Hillary supporters went to her and instead are supporting buttigeig, Biden, and Amy klobachar.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
That's a lie. I have family in Canada working in healthcare, and the wait time is usually quicker because there are less sick people and an optional payment method if you want to be seen right away. Anyway you cut it, that's a better alternative compared to what America has now.
How is an optional payment to be seen quicker different from America? The rich don't even have to wait for organs down here.