Starting a 10-14 day water fast

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Some people fast for spiritual reasons (e.g. Jesus 40 day fast)

Some to push their limits. Some to develop discipline. Some just to get mental clarity.

I fasted once for about 3 days and by the 2nd day, although I was mad hungry, I was mentally sharp. For Lent I’d do a 12 hr fast of just water.

I read when Obama started to turn his life around while at Columbia (eg less smoking, partying etc), he’d fast every Friday as a way to discipline himself.

Going a few weeks without food shouldn’t be met with such derision imho
Well relative to the thread and often times it’s seen as a kick start to fitness which I generally think is silly. I think that’s where the derision comes from.

The other stuff I you mention above I don’t disagree with FWIW.

JodyHiighroller

Superstar
Daps
how much weight did u lose
I did a 7 day water fast. Lost almost 20lbs. I did the water fast for 7 days then as soon as the 7th day was up I did a fruit diet for 7 days. Ate only 3 pieces of fruit a day for 7 days. Then the 3rd week I started eating 3 small meals a day and for dinner I would have a piece of chicken. I was 215 when I started and ended up at 175 when it was all said and done. That was in one month.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Why can’t nikkas just eat healthy portions of nutritionally balanced meals? Always gotta do some extra shyt like this, then be surprised when you fall off the wagon and end up bigger than when you started

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Too long?!? People have gone longer than 2 weeks. I think people underestimate how hardened the human body is. We can go long periods without food.

Food yes, water no. A person trying to fast that long with just water is going have issues. I began to fast one day without food back in the late 90s . At that time I was a damn near Olympic level athlete but it was still exceptionally hard to go just one day. I never found a need to go beyond that one day.

The body is very resilient but that’s extremely harsh and shocks all systems , besides that the willpower to ignore hunger

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Food yes, water no. A person trying to fast that long with just water is going have issues. I began to fast one day without food back in the late 90s . At that time I was a damn near Olympic level athlete but it was still exceptionally hard to go just one day. I never found a need to go beyond that one day.

The body is very resilient but that’s extremely harsh and shocks all systems , besides that the willpower to ignore hunger

OP will be fine. As far as he’s drinking water he’ll be good. 2 weeks without food won’t kill him.