Stargirl Thread - On CW - Season 2 Ongoing Now

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I liked it. Like really enjoyed it. It has it's corny superhero origin parts, and where Pat was calling out the names of the JSA members for those in the audience who don't know who the JSA are:mjlol:

I don't think I'll be put off with the high school setting. Everything seems to be done right, and I'm not surprised. Geoff Johns is involved, and Stargirl is his baby, that's based off his deceased sister. This is the one thing that you know he's not going to half ass.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
this was actually.... pretty good! :ehh:

lotta easter eggs and tweaking of history (is this earth-2?), but the source material is so old at this point that it doesn't matter.

I wonder if we'll see Jack Knight somewhere in all of this, even though the staff has apparently always been the staff.

edit: I gotta stop coming into threads like this expecting everyone to know what I'm talking about :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

lotta easter eggs and tweaking of history (is this earth-2?), but the source material is so old at this point that it doesn't matter.

I wonder if we'll see Jack Knight somewhere in all of this, even though the staff has apparently always been the staff.

edit: I gotta stop coming into threads like this expecting everyone to know what I'm talking about :francis:

Actually I agree I was surprised watched the first episode and wasn’t bad

felt like river dale but with superheroes and villains

all3rd

All Star
Daps
That Saginaw, Texas girl did well 7.5/10. Hell the IMDB incels gave it a 7.9.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Milestone characters are currently involved in a legal battle over the rights and have been for years.
I briefly saw the word Dakota when shorty was looking at the map. Couldn't figure out if it was one of the states or the city

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Pretty decent second episode. Felt like Brainwave went down a little too easy though.

Considering the lack of diversity and the 50s vibes, the Injustice Society’s “New America” project sounds hella :mjpls:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
shyt is pretty dope brehs :ohhh:

And don't get it confused, this looks nothing like a CW show

Actually it looks more like a Disney+ show or Doom Patrol

First 10 mins are :whoo: with the SFX
thats because its not a CW show. Its a DC Universe show that the CW is rebranding episodes for the CW. theres about 15 minutes cut per episode

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

and yeah, its supposed to be the new earth-2