Stargate Appreciation thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
So I just started this SG stuff..

I will say when I saw the movie (I was probably like 7-8) I didn't really understand it and actually thought it was boring seeing as to how it was supposed to be sci-fi but there was hardly any sci-fi to me (everyone looked human so wtf was the point so I thought).

So I started watching yesterday, starting from the first movie... It was great. Like, now that I'm much much older, I realize how much I missed.

So I started SG1 yesterday too... didn't know it literally picked up right after the movie. Then it showed ass, kitties, and bush which had me like :ohhh::picard::mjlit:.

Now... i'm hearing SGU is the show I should be watching according to this thread. SG1 is good but low-key the shyt is LONG and seems like a weekly "where to next" type show and a lil campy. I kinda want to jump to SGU for a few episodes (I did skip to Atlantis a long time ago and liked it, but got the same result).

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I will say when I saw the movie (I was probably like 7-8) I didn't really understand it and actually thought it was boring seeing as to how it was supposed to be sci-fi but there was hardly any sci-fi to me (everyone looked human so wtf was the point so I thought).

So I started watching yesterday, starting from the first movie... It was great. Like, now that I'm much much older, I realize how much I missed.

So I started SG1 yesterday too... didn't know it literally picked up right after the movie. Then it showed ass, kitties, and bush which had me like :ohhh::picard::mjlit:.

Now... i'm hearing SGU is the show I should be watching according to this thread. SG1 is good but low-key the shyt is LONG and seems like a weekly "where to next" type show and a lil campy. I kinda want to jump to SGU for a few episodes (I did skip to Atlantis a long time ago and liked it, but got the same result).

Only the pilot movie was like that. Once it was picked up it became more "PG"-rated.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Stargate the movie ---- SG1----SGA----SGU that's the order....

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly why I'm going to skip around for awhile, like I been doing
To guide you right though, one of the strengths of Stargate is how it builds on itself as story and concept and character. SG1 keeps building ep to ep where this discovery/asset/new tech/new ally/new enemy layer upon the next one where you organically have this world new to space travel start influencing galaxies. I swear you'll get more enjoyment & fulfillment following SG1>SGA>SGU than jumping around.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
To guide you right though, one of the strengths of Stargate is how it builds on itself as story and concept and character. SG1 keeps building ep to ep where this discovery/asset/new tech/new ally/new enemy layer upon the next one where you organically have this world new to space travel start influencing galaxies. I swear you'll get more enjoyment & fulfillment following SG1>SGA>SGU than jumping around.
I’ll stick with one show then but might skip episodes.

A lot of filler for 10 seasons, each with 20+ episodes going for damn near 45minutes-an hour

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ll stick with one show then but might skip episodes.

A lot of filler for 10 seasons, each with 20+ episodes going for damn near 45minutes-an hour

I understand the burden you feel of old school 20+ ep seasons, but honestly, especially getting deep on SSN 1 and they get their footing, every episode introduces or builds on concepts where you're getting this world and galaxy and beyond building where you're constantly being rewarded for each ep you watch. I'd recommend doing the standard ep to ep watch and, on this show, I think you'd be well rewarded for doing so....

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I understand the burden you feel of old school 20+ ep seasons, but honestly, especially getting deep on SSN 1 and they get their footing, every episode introduces or builds on concepts where you're getting this world and galaxy and beyond building where you're constantly being rewarded for each ep you watch. I'd recommend doing the standard ep to ep watch and, on this show, I think you'd be well rewarded for doing so....
I’ll think on it.

Trust me, I like the show much more than i ever thought i would. It’s very interesting, but some stuff i will try not to skip

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I should go back and watch the movie then try the show again
I remember seeing the first episode and thinking "damn was that better than the movie?' but never watched anything else.