Stargate Appreciation thread

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Loved SG1 as a kid, tried watching it later but didn't really have the patience for it. Atlantis was cool, the wraith were never as good an enemy as the goa'uld (sp?) to me though

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I liked Rush! I gotta rewatch universe. It's been awhile. Sucks it didn't get the end it deserved. Same with Dark Matter.

At least they were able to give you something somewhat satisfying.

Dark matter got completely fukked.
But I ain't even mad....nope.
tenor.gif
somebody save this show

Last edited:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So Origins is the prequel to the show or the movie?

EDIT: So I watched ep 1, navigated away and now I can't watch Episode 2 and 3. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
So Origins is the prequel to the show or the movie?

EDIT: So I watched ep 1, navigated away and now I can't watch Episode 2 and 3. :stopitslime:
The show.

And damn, I started watching episode 1 last night just to see if it'll play. I hope I'll be able to finish it when I get home smh.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think this Origins series is a way to gauge whether or not to redo the series. I think it's too soon for that though

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
At least they were able to give you something somewhat satisfying.

Dark matter got completely fukked.
But I ain't even mad....nope.
tenor.gif
somebody save this show

:mjcry:

Cosign and I hate it when shows get cancelled like that. Just makes me think everyone copped that no hope L at the end. Like Angel, if I didn't know about them comics the good fight was only enough to annoy the senior partners, Angel signed away his prophecy so he doesn't get shyt and then all the good guys go down fighting. Reimagined V series (which was kind of ass) FBI chick got one of the worst endings I've seen for a character could get which turns to a global L cause it got canceled. Dark Matter copped that L on a universal scale. :why: shyt was really about to fukkin' pop off.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This might be one of my favourite movie/tv show growing up :banderas: they blessed us with the movie

and then the tv show:banderas:

to me the og tv show replaced star trek and I never looked back, Stargate Atlantis was aight but it wasnt as johnny blaze as the og but that stargate universe was weak tho

nah OG was the best in the serie

Stargate Universe was the one. I hate it got cancelled. Those 2 seasons were amazing.
a052d8efa14c8fec49429accf150bf7b.jpg

I went and re-watched the SG:Universe pilot last month, looking for SciFi shows on my OLED TV.
I was really into SG1 when it first aired, but looking back on if from a 2020 perspective I now think SG:U was the best of the three series, by a lot.

SG-1 was really "campy" by comparison. SG:U was seen as a BSG ripoff at the time, but I think it was JUST lighthearted enough to avoid being as relentlessly dark as BSG.