Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey, coli brehs.

I have manipulation skills but why ranked 1 is locked and ranked 2 available? Manipulation skill not processing after acquiring questions. I completed the rank 1 challenge (manipulate 5 people), and the skill says "Rank 2 Available", however, attempting to use a skill point does nothing. The rank 1 description still has a lock on it despite the skill being useable :dahell:. Is this bug somehow?

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Hey, coli brehs.

I have manipulation skills but why ranked 1 is locked and ranked 2 available? Manipulation skill not processing after acquiring questions. I completed the rank 1 challenge (manipulate 5 people), and the skill says "Rank 2 Available", however, attempting to use a skill point does nothing. The rank 1 description still has a lock on it despite the skill being useable :dahell:. Is this bug somehow?
Ryujin

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Huh? That's what I got it from. I finished all the Ryujin quests. Read it again brehy
Your post says nothing about Ryujin, actually.
That said, it's likely what the issue is.
Questline unlocks the skill, but it doesn't mean you've unlocked enough in the tree to be able to proceed down the upgrade path.
Likely an oversight by Bethesda but unless you have earned your way down the tree organically, as far as I can see you can't upgrade things even if they're unlocked through alternate means.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your post says nothing about Ryujin, actually.
That said, it's likely what the issue is.
Questline unlocks the skill, but it doesn't mean you've unlocked enough in the tree to be able to proceed down the upgrade path.
Likely an oversight by Bethesda but unless you have earned your way down the tree organically, as far as I can see you can't upgrade things even if they're unlocked through alternate means.

Oh I see, make sense then.