Starfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If I buy the $30 upgrade do I own the game even when my gamepass runs out? If so I'm gonna buy it right now and no life stream from 8PM EST until I literally fall asleep on camera

Nah you’ll basically have the season pass / early access but won’t be able to use it if you don’t own the game or subbed to gamepass

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Last time I got hyped for a game, it was because people were hyping up mid ass Elden Ring (and that’s coming from someone who played DS1 at least 10 times, and the rest of the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne).

lmao I don't think you need to qualify why Elden Ring was mid, it's the least inspired entry. I personally don't get the Starfield hype because I haven't heard of anything that fleshes out the world. The quotes from Todd Howard and Bethesda like: 'Han Solo simulator' and 'Skyrim in space' don't grab my attention. I remember being a kid that was insanely hyped for Skyrim based on a game informer article describing how the dark brotherhood quest line started. I feel like I don't really know anything substantive about Starfield, so it's gonna be sink or swim like Cyberpunk.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I'm going to spend the whole day at work, watching the youtube discussion on it. Starting off with the Iron Lords and their recording.
King kinda let it slip and said that Starfield was fantastic this past Sunday. I know we are getting a great game. Just how great is the only question now.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Only thing that has kept me from pre-ordering this on Steam is the review embargo. Kinda strange that reviews can't go out until the day of release and there's literally no gameplay videos out there. Hoping this isn't a Cyberpunk situation :patrice:
Don't know if you been under a rock bruv but they're saying this game is damn near bug free...did you even play Cyberpunk on release ? If you did there's no way you could even think starfield would launch in that state...gameplay videos be dammed...

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
didn’t realize some ppl can start playing the game tonight @ 8PM EST

not sure if I wanna pay for that when I can wait a few more days…will probably spend most of the weekend marathoning “top boy” and finishing up this season of 2k23

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Damn brehs, this shyt look cold. Like Mass Effect on steroids.

Might finally have to upgrade to new gen. I’m still on X1X, PS4, and Switch. Might fukk around and do PC instead, never truly done it before.

Any recommendations on where I should start as far as doing a PC build?

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
lmao I don't think you need to qualify why Elden Ring was mid, it's the least inspired entry. I personally don't get the Starfield hype because I haven't heard of anything that fleshes out the world. The quotes from Todd Howard and Bethesda like: 'Han Solo simulator' and 'Skyrim in space' don't grab my attention. I remember being a kid that was insanely hyped for Skyrim based on a game informer article describing how the dark brotherhood quest line started. I feel like I don't really know anything substantive about Starfield, so it's gonna be sink or swim like Cyberpunk.

Trying to talk me into getting a refund?

:sadcam::russ:

I’m just impatient in general, so mainly it was not wanting to wait 5 more days and seeing other people play, and that combined with the hype, I had to pull the trigger.

As for it looking like Skyrim with guns and space, and it not being that appealing, I agree. Theres a lack of detail in that video with the hatchet not actually dismembering the NPC, and the shooting/gunplay looking a little too basic and previous gen like.

I think a game where your choices actually affect the storyline are almost always interesting. The little I remember from playing Fable, and recently The Outerworlds, though the plot might’ve not been captivating, it was fun. I expect with it being Bethesda and it having Microsoft’s full weight behind it, it would have a deep and dynamic storyline (somewhere in this thread someone posted that Skyrim had ~60k dialogue lines, and Starfield has ~400k)

I didn’t know this game existed until 2 weeks ago so I don’t have 5 years worth of hype and expectations to live up to like other people might, but I think it’s a game I could throw a lot of time into and there haven’t been many next gen games like that

:manny:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
think a game where your choices actually affect the storyline are almost always interesting. The little I remember from playing Fable, and recently The Outerworlds, though the plot might’ve not been captivating, it was fun. I expect with it being Bethesda and it having Microsoft’s full weight behind it, it would have a deep and dynamic storyline (somewhere in this thread someone posted that Skyrim had ~60k dialogue lines, and Starfield has ~400k)

I agree there'll be a baseline level of quality because the world is so expansive, lots of opportunities for little stories. But, one of my favorite things about New Vegas and Outer Worlds was the 'why', you could take real ideological positions and stand on them. Extended conversations taught you about about the world in a more subtle way than Skyrim and Mass Effect's lore dumps. And I love Mass Effect lore, just saying, it would be dope if Bethesda incorporated some of that into this game.

Still, I'm optimistic, Microsoft is treating this as a premier exclusive, this game cannot be another Fallout 4. :sadcam: I need more substance this time around or 10/10 exploration.