Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They really fumbled the fukk out of this franchise after the hype from Force Awakens. The hyperdrive collision and the Crait battle visually looked good but it was such a waste of iconic characters. I had to look at my kids like my bad this aint it

:mjcry:

Marvel came thru and saved their childhood tho With some classics

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I was always in the boat of not loving it but also not thinking its as bad as everyone says it is. Jj really fumbled 9 way worse imo. Anyways ill just drop this

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie wasnt that bad and seems to be getting more appreciated in retrospect
it might be ok in some kind of vacuum or something, but it was part of a saga/trilogy that basically shat on the first 7 parts and then had to be undone in the 9th part

therefore it is a bad movie

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it might be ok in some kind of vacuum or something, but it was part of a saga/trilogy that basically shat on the first 7 parts and then had to be undone in the 9th part

therefore it is a bad movie
Yeah and it's becoming even more apparent as much better stuff comes out. I don't thing the Sequel Trilogy will get the Prequel treatment as in warming up to people. The ST will always be bad.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yeah and it's becoming even more apparent as much better stuff comes out. I don't thing the Sequel Trilogy will get the Prequel treatment as in warming up to people. The ST will always be bad.

The prequels have two major things objectively going for them that the sequels don't:

1. George Lucas.

Like him or not, nobody can question the authenticity of the storytelling. Star Wars is whatever he says it is. The sequels have Kathleen Kennedy, JJ and Ryan Johnson - heavy hitters in the industry but 0 standing in the SW world. JJ and Kathleen get it worse because they openly shytted on George which turned the fans against them even more.

2. They got progressively better.

Some prefer Episode I over II, but I think 99% think Episode III is not only the best prequel but can rank with the OG. So the trilogy went out on a high note. The sequels started out good (not for me, but for a lot of people) with 7 but then got progressively more divisive to the point that each movie is openly shytting on it's predecessor. TFA tries to shyt on the prequels / TLJ shyts on TFA and then that last one shyts on TLJ.

In hindsight TLJ is probably my favorite of this trilogy but that's really not saying much, and I dismiss the entire trilogy as a whole :hubie: shyt even Filoni and Favreau seem to be openly shytting on these movies with their shows :lolbron:. Half of the last Boba episode was a love-letter to Episode 1.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The prequels have two major things objectively going for them that the sequels don't:

1. George Lucas.

Like him or not, nobody can question the authenticity of the storytelling. Star Wars is whatever he says it is. The sequels have Kathleen Kennedy, JJ and Ryan Johnson - heavy hitters in the industry but 0 standing in the SW world. JJ and Kathleen get it worse because they openly shytted on George which turned the fans against them even more.

2. They got progressively better.

Some prefer Episode I over II, but I think 99% think Episode III is not only the best prequel but can rank with the OG. So the trilogy went out on a high note. The sequels started out good (not for me, but for a lot of people) with 7 but then got progressively more divisive to the point that each movie is openly shytting on it's predecessor. TFA tries to shyt on the prequels / TLJ shyts on TFA and then that last one shyts on TLJ.

In hindsight TLJ is probably my favorite of this trilogy but that's really not saying much, and I dismiss the entire trilogy as a whole :hubie: shyt even Filoni and Favreau seem to be openly shytting on these movies with their shows :lolbron:. Half of the last Boba episode was a love-letter to Episode 1.
The prequel trilogy had better light saber fights than the OG trilogy. They can hang their hat on that to.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Let's not forget Sir Simp-a-lot

9GZGl6X.gif
Dude got his WHOLE fukkin mouth open.:martin:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The sequels are trash to me but I'm an oldhead SW fan. First one sucked and the 2nd was just as bad. Never even bothered with the 3rd and it took me years later to get around to the 2nd after seeing the first. Just lazy writing with no care for the canon or the spirit of the OG.

They thought they were just going to churn out 3 Hallmark cookie cutter versions of the OG and no one would care.