Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Official Thread)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I was about the say this. The "texture" for the film looks top notch..as it should i guess. The lighting especially.

Sidenote if they kill Luke off ima be heartbroken. The 1st cinematic "hero" i ever loved..:wow:
It's the first Star Wars movie, well, since the first, to have it's own visual identity. The OG trilogy and prequel trilogy are all filmed the same, and Abrams just brought over his Star Trek approach.

There's never been shots like some of these in this trailer, ESPECIALLY the stuff with Rey and Luke on that island.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I now understand why they said Rey's lineage/parents aren't really important. Given this trailer and the direction things are going, the real story is about Kylo and the push and pull he's going through with the force. Rey is just a catalyst to his arc.

thats good. kylo ren is a better character than rae anyways.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn, Looking Legendary Rian. I can already tell it's going to be a lot more cerebral and thought provoking then Episode 7. I love how Dark it looked, Got Empire Vibes too with Kylo not not hiding his face and taking his mantle as Vader's Grandson. You called him winey and crying too much and he was. Well now he looks like he's not playing around. Finn character seems to have shown a lot of anger. On the Teaser they still had him in A Coma but after that "Pacific Rim" Trailer, there's no way they couldn't showcase him having some action. Him in all black reminded me of Luke in "Jedi". Rey will continue her training with Luke and something is going to happen where she leaves Luke (Ala Luke Leaving Yoda).

Then there will most likely be a Climatic Battle with the Snoke aka The New Emperor at some point. So "Empire" beats will be followed, you clearly see it with them showing the Walkers again and that Falcon chase. But when Luke said "This isn't going to happen the way you think". That probably mean that Rian will throw the story in a direction people won't expect. He does have the middle film and JJ is now coming back for the last film. Glad there will be another space battle as well. I don't believe the last scene, feels like they just wanna make it like she's going to be tempted by the Dark Side but I'm sure that will probably happen anyway like Luke did. Also the new poster looks vintage, love all the Red overtones as well as Black in the whole marketing. It lets you know this is the Dark Film, it's not trying to hide it. Love how Luke and Leia are centered.

220px-Star_Wars_The_Last_Jedi_Theatrical_Poster.jpg

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The end of the trailers is definitely a misdirection. That’s gonna be two different scenes they blended together. I don’t even thinks she’s talking to Kylo....she’s probably talking to Luke.
Yeah that's definitely some wildcat stuff they running. Why would they give that away unless some major major stuff about to go down in the movie?