Star Wars: Squadrons (PC, Xbox One, PS4)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:hhh:I was hoping it be more like Rogue Squadrom on the 64:mjlol::wow:At least give us multiple vision views to choose from :mjcry:
There's too many little things wrong that keep me from enjoying it.

Its kinda how XCom has ruined a lot of tactical RPGs for me - Ace Combat has ruined games like this just as often. If you're going to lock me into an obstructive, limited view - then that HUD better fill in the blanks with all other information that I need. If your combat system requires attentive management for subsystems and thrust, then you better give me ways to handle it efficiently and in a matter that doesn't interfere with the broader gameplay demands. If you're going to be a full 3 dimensional sim, then don't implement movement options that are essentially locked to only one plane the way that the drift function is (you can't pivot off of both axis, only one). If you're going to have all of these stealth options and incentives, then don't fukk over the fighter with the advantage with a lock on indicator that not only gives away your intent but also your position and heading. There's weapons that depend heavily on positioning, but with the lack of spatial indicators you have to eyeball everything at all speeds.

The game is by no means horrible. But its like the Gears 5 of space flight sims. If you've never experienced the best of the genre, then its gonna seem much better than it actually is.

Superstar
Daps
There's too many little things wrong that keep me from enjoying it.

Its kinda how XCom has ruined a lot of tactical RPGs for me - Ace Combat has ruined games like this just as often. If you're going to lock me into an obstructive, limited view - then that HUD better fill in the blanks with all other information that I need. If your combat system requires attentive management for subsystems and thrust, then you better give me ways to handle it efficiently and in a matter that doesn't interfere with the broader gameplay demands. If you're going to be a full 3 dimensional sim, then don't implement movement options that are essentially locked to only one plane the way that the drift function is (you can't pivot off of both axis, only one). If you're going to have all of these stealth options and incentives, then don't fukk over the fighter with the advantage with a lock on indicator that not only gives away your intent but also your position and heading. There's weapons that depend heavily on positioning, but with the lack of spatial indicators you have to eyeball everything at all speeds.

The game is by no means horrible. But its like the Gears 5 of space flight sims. If you've never experienced the best of the genre, then its gonna seem much better than it actually is.

O had to adjust the hell out the controls to make it more like ace combat lol. I think it could have done a lot better allowing us to use the right stick to look around while leaving the weapon choices to a list. They could have kept the power management. It seems unnecessary.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If you're going to be a full 3 dimensional sim, then don't implement movement options that are essentially locked to only one plane the way that the drift function is (you can't pivot off of both axis, only one).
I believe you can drift off both axis, its just a finicky mechanic that doesn't always work when you want it to.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:hhh:I was hoping it be more like Rogue Squadrom on the 64:mjlol::wow:At least give us multiple vision views to choose from :mjcry:
This what I expected to, but apparently the game was billed as spiritual successor to the xwing, tie fighter series which was cockpit only.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I like the controller setup dude has...at some point I’m gonna break and get into PC gaming...

his setup is the only i would be able to get into first person games. I would need a 3d headset and a custom controller for each game based on the gameplay.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Now free on PS+

The view inside the bombers suck & It's kinda repetitive

But, those Star Wars sound effects :wow:

Overall, i enjoyed the game for what it is.