Star Wars: Squadrons (PC, Xbox One, PS4)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Been playing most of the day.... this is definitely made for flight stick/VR setups. Looks very okay :manny: the scale on a lot of stuff is off which is strangely jarring.

Its not a bad game which means its already better than the average star wars game. There's just some really strong mechanics in the gameplay that you HAVE to respect or you're gonna get consistently fried. Moving power from one subsystem to another may seem like some small thing, but its really fukking not - you can overload your shields, weapons, or give yourself an afterburner and once you move power away from that system the ability will linger and decay at a pretty slow rate. Going into any fight thinking you're fine for showing up with everything set to normal will just get you clapped.

I'm not sure what it is with the cockpit views but goddamn I miss peripherals and a decent radar. I've been playing space flight sims since freespace and simple shyt like match speed and next target cycling are either non existent or way too cluttered to be intuitive. They want you to evade missiles and laser fire but like.... you kinda need to know the heading of the missile and be able to see how lasers are walking their fire on you. I'll play with some settings more.

The campaign is surprisingly decent.

I'm on the fence though

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
I'm out here getting lit up like it's nobody's business in the earliest parts of the campaign, dying every 45 seconds because there is just so much fire and no idea which direction it's coming from:damn:
Will have to play this game on easy

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I'm out here getting lit up like it's nobody's business in the earliest parts of the campaign, dying every 45 seconds because there is just so much fire and no idea which direction it's coming from:damn:
Will have to play this game on easy

ElementaryCautiousKitfox-size_restricted.gif

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
LOL No joke I can't get past the mission where you have to disable the targeting system on the Star Destroyer because I keep getting blown out the sky from lasers from everywhere. And a lot of the time it's like two hits and curtains
The starfighter gameplay wasn't this hard in Battlefront, plus I hate not being able to zoom out of cockpit view

*edit* finally did it

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
LOL No joke I can't get past the mission where you have to disable the targeting system on the Star Destroyer because I keep getting blown out the sky from lasers from everywhere. And a lot of the time it's like two hits and curtains
The starfighter gameplay wasn't this hard in Battlefront, plus I hate not being able to zoom out of cockpit view

*edit* finally did it
Straight up - you gotta do what the campaign tells you to do and not look at extra shyt or you WILL get smoked for it

I think I'm at mission 13 or so. Took a break. I don't think people understand how fast you get lit the fukk up in this game. The 1st person perspective really has you just disoriented and punished for it.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Straight up - you gotta do what the campaign tells you to do and not look at extra shyt or you WILL get smoked for it

I think I'm at mission 13 or so. Took a break. I don't think people understand how fast you get lit the fukk up in this game. The 1st person perspective really has you just disoriented and punished for it.
You have to be constantly micro managing your ship power and your allies.

If you are being overwhelmed with lasers, you need to change your targeting systems to target your attackers then command your allies to attack whoever is firing at you. Once I figured this out, battles became a whole lot easier.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Game is great on VR but I suck ass on it on multiplayer so far. :mjlol:
Tie fighters are terrible in VR.

In the rebel ships I can constantly keep an eye on whoever I'm dogfighting, but in the empire ships you have zero visibility and have to rely on the confusing radar information.