Star Wars prequels aren't great but are they still classics?

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Remember the fight scene in the coliseum with the brigade of lightsabre users? They were jedis as well. He didn't murder them.

The movie induced itself in stupidity to get Vader into the suit and sell toys.

No tension to these films, in that same scene where Dooku surrounds the Jedis and Natalie Portman they do it with droids. As if droids can intimidate and lightsabre user.
:dahell:
That was a different movie and he wasn't Vader yet. Once he became Vader he went through the Jedi Temple and killed everything that moved, adult to child

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
What did I like about The Phantom Menace? Ugh...Darth Maul? I guess? He's a character that could have been around for all three movies, but they killed him off. I actually enjoyed the Trade Federation villains. Cool looking characters, but those accents? :mjpls:

Attack of the Clones is a movie that didn't learn any mistakes from it's predecessor, but it had some interesting things. I enjoyed the Obi Wan/Jango sub-plot and the Geonosis Battle is pretty fun. Other than that? Meh. Again - why did they kill Maul? Christopher Lee was a great/fantastic actor, but he was wasted in the role of Dooku, and that could have easily been Maul's spot.

I've always considered Revenge of the Sith to be a pretty great movie. Despite some issues with dialogue ("Hold me like you did on the lake at Naboo" and "NOOOOOO!") and the Obi Wan/Anakin basically becoming a '90s' WWE Hardcore match'. I don't have many qualms with it. That Order 66 scene is :to:.

EDIT - I tried ranking the movies, but I kept going back and forth (another reason why I rarely rank series movies) so let's just say Empire is my favorite, Sith would be in my top 4, and the only ones I don't really care for are TLJ and TPM with AOTC going back and forth.

Last edited:

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Revenge of the Sith is pretty good. Better than the new shyt :yeshrug:
The narrative is undisputed top 3. Outside of ROTJ and ESB no-one cannot tell me just looking at all the plot points, parallels and themes that there is a better story.

The on-screen execution though. :sas2:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Prequels are right up there with LOTR movies and better than the OG trilogy imo. All of them are beautifully shot, had a real sci-fi fantasy feel to them. I understand people hate the dialog but to me the movies are more about expanding on the universe and giving a great back story that makes sense, not perfect but it makes all the movies fit perfect together.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Prequels are right up there with LOTR movies and better than the OG trilogy imo. All of them are beautifully shot, had a real sci-fi fantasy feel to them. I understand people hate the dialog but to me the movies are more about expanding on the universe and giving a great back story that makes sense, not perfect but it makes all the movies fit perfect together.
mjl.gif

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Remember the fight scene in the coliseum with the brigade of lightsabre users? They were jedis as well. He didn't murder them.

The movie induced itself in stupidity to get Vader into the suit and sell toys.

No tension to these films, in that same scene where Dooku surrounds the Jedis and Natalie Portman they do it with droids. As if droids can intimidate and lightsabre user.

Droids were all about the sheer numbers
how can three "not-great" films be classics???? :wtf:

It happens all of the time. The Goonies. The Last Dragon. Harlem Nights. These are classic films, and hella flawed. Some have horrible dialog, some ridiculous plots with mac-trucks holes, some shytty acting,...

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
general grievous parts shyts on anything on the new movies, I was looking like this the first time I saw that shyt :lupe: We can say those prequels were original

UTjEHMr.gif

LeftTidyAuklet-size_restricted.gif

I like the pod racer part, shyt was action packed

RWXS08X.gif

First time I seen jango I was like :whoo:

tumblr_miwszunlfk1rv5zh8o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Wavy Hair Chipped Teeth

they spinnin nugga they spinnin
Daps
Reppin
Live nikka Rap
Droids were all about the sheer numbers

It happens all of the time. The Goonies. The Last Dragon. Harlem Nights. These are classic films, and hella flawed. Some have horrible dialog, some ridiculous plots with mac-trucks holes, some shytty acting,...
All those movies you mentioned we're comedic films that didn't have anywhere near enough of the flaws to take away from the enjoyment of them.
Episodes 1 & 2 we're trying to set up serious tones based on politics and romance and did horrible jobs of making either of those plots believable or enjoyable. Only parts anybody wants to go back and watch from either of those involve swinging of light sabers. So that's like 30 minutes of enjoyment in 2 films

Episode 3 has flaws, but not enough to keep it from being a great movie imo

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Horrible scripts, terrible dialogue, boring characters, over choreographed fighting, way too much cgi..I mean the shyt didn’t make any sense. Star Wars is my favorite movie franchise but the answer is definitely no. Went to see episode I in 5th grade and don’t remember feeling excited at all during or after. Didn’t see the other two until well after release but they are just as bad. ROTS is the best one but it still isn’t even a good move let alone a classic. Watching George Lucas and his cronies faces after the first viewing of Episode I is hilarious.

Watching that guy Plinkett dissect the movies on YouTube is more entertaining than the actual movies.
“I think I may have done too much :francis: :merchant:

Plinkett has quotables for days :dead:

“If you think these movies are good or empire was the most boring, well I need you to sit down while I carefully explain how much of a fukking idiot you are :snoop:

“So we’ll call them Jedi knights even though Kenobi isn’t one. People call me a murderer and I ain’t never been caught :manny:

“So a cartoon rabbit, naive young woman, and a drunk wander into town while the two most logical characters stay on the ship”

Last edited: