Star Wars prequels aren't great but are they still classics?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
There's no flaw in the prequels that the OGs didn't have.

IMO Star Wars and Empire are true classics, the rest of the films just expand the story. Some way better than others.

1-6 is my life though, turned 18 when Sith came out :wow: .

Thanks George, you a real one:mjcry:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They definitely have made an impact and people can tell you a lot about them good and bad and they have the most important aspect of films... Memorable characters. Darth Maul, Anakin, Young Obi-Wan, Dooku, Yoda, Mace Windu, Palpatine, Padme, 3PO and R2, people even fans of Jango Fett. And they still get talked about and brought up to this day. But if they're classics are they classic for the wrong reasons?
Revenge of the sith was pretty good but the rest was horrible except for maul

Maul should of died in episode 2

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Snooze fest. Nothing in those movies made sense.

Anakin killing those kids didn't make sense either.

The original concept for Indy 4 was even worse than the actual movie. Think about that.
Weren’t they training to become jedi? If he let them live wouldn’t they rise up and try to fight him?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Horrible scripts, terrible dialogue, boring characters, over choreographed fighting, way too much cgi..I mean the shyt didn’t make any sense. Star Wars is my favorite movie franchise but the answer is definitely no. Went to see episode I in 5th grade and don’t remember feeling excited at all during or after. Didn’t see the other two until well after release but they are just as bad. ROTS is the best one but it still isn’t even a good move let alone a classic. Watching George Lucas and his cronies faces after the first viewing of Episode I is hilarious.

Watching that guy Plinkett dissect the movies on YouTube is more entertaining than the actual movies.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Weren’t they training to become jedi? If he let them live wouldn’t they rise up and try to fight him?

Remember the fight scene in the coliseum with the brigade of lightsabre users? They were jedis as well. He didn't murder them.

The movie induced itself in stupidity to get Vader into the suit and sell toys.

No tension to these films, in that same scene where Dooku surrounds the Jedis and Natalie Portman they do it with droids. As if droids can intimidate and lightsabre user.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Horrible scripts, terrible dialogue, boring characters, over choreographed fighting, way too much cgi..I mean the shyt didn’t make any sense. Star Wars is my favorite movie franchise but the answer is definitely no. Went to see episode I in 5th grade and don’t remember feeling excited at all during or after. Didn’t see the other two until well after release but they are just as bad. ROTS is the best one but it still isn’t even a good move let alone a classic. Watching George Lucas and his cronies faces after the first viewing of Episode I is hilarious.

Watching that guy Plinkett dissect the movies on YouTube is more entertaining than the actual movies.

This. The Plinkett reviews >>>>>>> the actual Episodes 1, 2, and 3. Episode 3 was admittedly better than the first two, but even that suffered from wooden writing/dialogue, excessive CGI, overchoreographed fights, and loads of plot induced stupidity from Anakin and the rest of the Jedi regarding Palpatine's obviously sinister behavior and motivations.

4, 5, and 6 are the only truly classic films in the series IMO. (The only things I didn't like in 6 were the Ewoks and Boba Fett going out like a chump.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'd say they are classic stories with classic characters, but not great movies. The movies are solid overall tho, but SIth is still #3 of all of the films, in my book. They brought us so many wonderful characters

There are a lot of classics that are horrible movies

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would consider myself a pretty big star wars fan but tbh, the movies pretty much always dissapoint me. Other then Rogue One have I rarely felt satisfied at the end of a stars movie since the originals. There like marvel movies to me. Dont really like them but I like their connectivity and growing the larger universe. So I watch them even if I know I will be dissapointed. Where star wars is good is outside the movie in tv shows and comics imo.