Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They literally made mass effect just because they wanted their own IP but wanted to make the same kind of game. Instead of staying with Star Wars they made their own space opera rpg.

Why BioWare decided to create <i>Mass Effect</i> instead of <i>Star Wa

BioWare had a really cool idea for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

A lot of the ideas they had for KoTOR 2 went into mass effect
Don’t matter that it’s the same studio. The games play nothing alike.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They literally made mass effect just because they wanted their own IP but wanted to make the same kind of game. Instead of staying with Star Wars they made their own space opera rpg.

Why BioWare decided to create <i>Mass Effect</i> instead of <i>Star Wa

BioWare had a really cool idea for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

A lot of the ideas they had for KoTOR 2 went into mass effect
bruh stop the cap :unimpressed: a morality system, party setup, ship, and similar dialogue options does not equal -> they're just alike. there's substantial differences between the two series, especially on the gameplay end

did you even play kotor1 or 2?

you literally never commit to an action in mass effect and achieve a 'miss' of a failed dice roll in combat, rng through a skill check at any point, hell - mass effect doesn't even have true support classes either.

a lot of the stuff that kotor did was or became the norm in *many* crpgs. it was an influential game showing how a middle ground between heavy pen and paper based systems could be streamlined for a more accessible game overall.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
bruh stop the cap :unimpressed: a morality system, party setup, ship, and similar dialogue options does not equal -> they're just alike. there's substantial differences between the two series, especially on the gameplay end

did you even play kotor1 or 2?

you literally never commit to an action in mass effect and achieve a 'miss' of a failed dice roll in combat, rng through a skill check at any point, hell - mass effect doesn't even have true support classes either.

a lot of the stuff that kotor did was or became the norm in *many* crpgs. it was an influential game showing how a middle ground between heavy pen and paper based systems could be streamlined for a more accessible game overall.

I’m not just talking about the combat I’m talking about literally everything else the game did at the time that wasn’t standard for console rpgs. Like you said, this stuff became common to us now but choice driven, squad based, space rpg, is still a rarity. You can easily see how mass effect shares a lot of the same DNA as Kotor, I’m not saying they are the same game, I’m saying you can clearly tell where its roots are. Of course it wouldn’t even seem that way now as mass effect kept on evolving more and more into a shooter over the years and less of an rpg.

It will be the same way with Callisto protocol and dead space coming out next year. It’s a creator pretty much making a similar genre of game in their own vision.

For the people who haven’t played it yet they’ll see what I mean when they update and modernize the mechanics

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gizmo had what was arguably the game thread of the year with ME: Legendary Edition and got ran out of his own shyt for not being on topic or even playing the game. When he did talk about the game, all he did was cry about not being able to romance Jack in ME3 which isn’t even true. Don’t listen to shyt this man has to say about Mass Effect:mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I’m not just talking about the combat I’m talking about literally everything else the game did at the time that wasn’t standard for console rpgs. Like you said, this stuff became common to us now but choice driven, squad based, space rpg, is still a rarity. You can easily see how mass effect shares a lot of the same DNA as Kotor, I’m not saying they are the same game, I’m saying you can clearly tell where its roots are. Of course it wouldn’t even seem that way now as mass effect kept on evolving more and more into a shooter over the years and less of an rpg.

It will be the same way with Callisto protocol and dead space coming out next year. It’s a creator pretty much making a similar genre of game in their own vision.

For the people who haven’t played it yet they’ll see what I mean when they update and modernize the mechanics
you are stretching like crazy doing word jutsus to get around simple shyt :mjlol: they match thematically in the most base sense of the word

in mass effect you literally cover.

there are no 'rounds'. shyt, mass effect didn't even have crafting. hell, mass effect two is one of the most minimal role playing games to keep the description as there's barely any options for character builds/equipment/items.

you want to post articles. very cute. put one gameplay video then tell people they're alike :unimpressed:

go on :unimpressed: look at those nat 20s do work

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you are stretching like crazy doing word jutsus to get around simple shyt :mjlol: they match thematically in the most base sense of the word

in mass effect you take literally cover.

there are no 'rounds'. shyt, mass effect didn't even have crafting. hell, mass effect two is one of the most minimal role playing games to keep the description as there's barely any options for character builds/equipment/items.

you want to post articles. very cute. put one gameplay video then tell people they're alike :unimpressed:

go on :unimpressed: look at those nat 20s do work

You got it bro

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gizmo had what was arguably the game thread of the year with ME: Legendary Edition and got ran out of his own shyt for not being on topic or even playing the game. When he did talk about the game, all he did was cry about not being able to romance Jack in ME3 which isn’t even true. Don’t listen to shyt this man has to say about Mass Effect:mjlol:

damn…I romanced the hell out of jack in ME3…bytch even tatted me up

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
and i love kotor. still fukk with sw:tor. don't even spin this like im hating later

just like mass effect :banderas::banderas:

you know you wrong :unimpressed:

Like i said the combat is different, especially since mass effect continued to evolve into a 3rd person shooter more than an rpg, But literally everything else surrounding the two games were unique to both series at the time.

This game does not drop in 2023 and mass effect 4 does not drop in 2025 or whatever and not draw heavy comparisons

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When he did talk about the game, all he did was cry about not being able to romance Jack in ME3 which isn’t even true.

Im still confused as to why jacks not a playable/romanceable character in the 3rd game. Really lame

you wildin…

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210609222515.jpg

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210610123142.jpg

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210611170614.jpg

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210611170650.jpg

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210611170709.jpg

Mass-Effect-Legendary-Edition-20210611170723.jpg