Star trek lower decks trailer

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I remember growing up seeing old interviews of Gene Rodenberry. He was adamantly against people using his property for comedy. Hated the campiness of the OG series something fierce that was forced on him by the executives. Wanted people to take Star Trek seriously and often used the stories as subtle ways to make commentary about social justice issues. Could only imagine he'd be turning over in his grave right now knowing the only thing going on with Star Trek in 2024 is a goofy ass cartoon.
:mjlol:
Literally the opposite of everything he wanted it to stand for. Like when Marvel made Captain America a Nazi

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I remember growing up seeing old interviews of Gene Rodenberry. He was adamantly against people using his property for comedy. Hated the campiness of the OG series something fierce that was forced on him by the executives. Wanted people to take Star Trek seriously and often used the stories as subtle ways to make commentary about social justice issues. Could only imagine he'd be turning over in his grave right now knowing the only thing going on with Star Trek in 2024 is a goofy ass cartoon.
:mjlol:
Literally the opposite of everything he wanted it to stand for. Like when Marvel made Captain America a Nazi
Taking Rodenberry away from the helm in the late 80's was the right decision. I doubt Star Trek would still exist in any form if he'd had the final say on the direction of the show. He hated conflict between characters and so much of what DS9 went on to do.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Taking Rodenberry away from the helm in the late 80's was the right decision. I doubt Star Trek would still exist in any form if he'd had the final say on the direction of the show. He hated conflict between characters and so much of what DS9 went on to do.
I think he wanted Star Trek to be more dramatic like Game of Thrones in space. So it seems kinda weird that he would hate conflict between characters.
Did he explain why?