Star Ocean - The Second Story R (PS5/PS4/NS)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Normally I rock with you but nah. Trials of Mana is a much higher ask in value than this.

It should've been on everything tho, that I agree with.
Hmm I wonder though, I'm a bit bias when it comes to TOM to me it seems like a lazy remake but I guess rebuilding. 2d world into 3d isn't easy.

However everything I read about this game sofar seems like it's what they did for TOM and then some.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Hmm I wonder though, I'm a bit bias when it comes to TOM to me it seems like a lazy remake but I guess rebuilding. 2d world into 3d isn't easy.

However everything I read about this game sofar seems like it's what they did for TOM and then some.
Having played both, the fact that they didn't upgrade the character models alone is a huge indicator that they didn't outspend Trials.

Especially considering in Trials, each weapon model change is visible, as is various armor swaps.
They did none of that here(wish they did tho).

The menu system changes are slick, the world is beautiful (but tbh the original game was pre-rendered backgrounds as well) but the terrible character models wholesale lifted from 1998 is a baffling move.

Still excited to play it, as I LOVED the original but yeah, Trials takes it imo.

If only I wasn't banned from Era atm, cause that would be a good thread idea.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Trials of Mana was a great remake. They nerfed some of the OP classes from the original (Starlancer aka God Tier) but it was well done.

I remember playing this way back in the day and being surprised how difficult some of the battles were. I think I was playing on the hardest mode, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially my son Ashton who was funny as fukk. Might cop.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
F9GHbf-aIAAD6BN