Square says the Japanese market is no longer big enough for them

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Sony mind as well buy them.

or they going to ditch FF series sale it the franchise most likely to Sony and go all capcom with "western" style Japanese games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony mind as well buy them.

or they going to ditch FF series sale it the franchise most likely to Sony and go all capcom with "western" style Japanese games.

Theres no other platform final fantasy and their other big budget games can really thrive on

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Gran turismo 7 came out earlier this year

That aint enough. I'm thinking back to the days where they had games like Legend of Dragoon, Parappa and Genji on the systems. A Dragoon reboot/sequel made by Square veterans would be a good get for the PS5. Especially if they can run it in Decima or Unreal Engine 5. Game would be guaranteed to look and run well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That aint enough. I'm thinking back to the days where they had games like Legend of Dragoon, Parappa and Genji on the systems. A Dragoon reboot/sequel made by Square veterans would be a good get for the PS5. Especially if they can run it in Decima or Unreal Engine 5. Game would be guaranteed to look and run well.

Yeah but i mean, those games sold like shyt lol

Gran Turismo is one of Sony's biggest franchises. People talk about those older Japan Studio games fondly but they are dead IP for a reason. No one is really clamoring for a mid-rpg franchise like Legend of the Dragoon to come back outside of us Dusties.

And i see this a lot with gamers, people look back on franchises as being a lot bigger than they actually were just because we had fond memories of playing them back in the day.

Even a franchise like Megaman didn’t sell a crazy amount of copies, not like mario or even Sonic.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
forspoken
Interesting after a quick google search. So they really went ahead with that magic girl climbing cliffs trailer huh? That trailer been out for years and even though I’ve haven’t been keeping up with video games, I really thought the trailer would end right there.

Quick thoughts: it’s written by western writers. Luminous is not exactly Square Enix and not produced by the same team that produces FF right?? No Amano or Nomura (it’s been a while since I checked FF games like that :flabbynsick: ).

So it’s a JPRPG with western hands, not a pure Japanese game. But It is using the same hi-res gaming engine that was used in XV.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But they just sold their English operations to Embracer.
I think the issue with Crystal they made some pretty good tomb raider games, but it was a poor return of investment. I believe those games had high budgets and the sales for the reboot didn't match what they've invested in. It's prob why they took that $100million time exclusive Microsoft offer for rise of Tomb Raider. Also, SE Montreal games never sold well, which made it easy to let go even after they had their chance at Marvel license

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Interesting after a quick google search. So they really went ahead with that magic girl climbing cliffs trailer huh? That trailer been out for years and even though I’ve haven’t been keeping up with video games, I really thought the trailer would end right there.

Quick thoughts: it’s written by western writers. Luminous is not exactly Square Enix and not produced by the same team that produces FF right?? No Amano or Nomura (it’s been a while since I checked FF games like that :flabbynsick: ).

So it’s a JPRPG with western hands, not a pure Japanese game. But It is using the same hi-res gaming engine that was used in XV.

Its by the FFXV team with western writers, like a hybrid

It will only stand to benefit without Nomura and Tabata

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
2 FF games?? XV started as a spin-off ps3 game and they just renamed it. They don’t get credit for that shyt :mjlol:
Renamed it. Changed the plot, redesigned characters, redesigned the battle system.

Versus XIII WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT XVI IS LOOKING TO BE. Instead ff xv was all much worse than what we saw with all those versus xiii previews. That was like the game I was hyped for all through the ps3 era. I l expected it to be the next FF VII instead when it finally released I got FF bros edition.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Renamed it. Changed the plot, redesigned characters, redesigned the battle system.

Versus XIII WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WHAT XVI IS LOOKING TO BE. Instead ff xv was all much worse than what we saw with all those versus xiii previews. That was like the game I was hyped for all through the ps3 era. I l expected it to be the next FF VII instead when it finally released I got FF bros edition.

this is still one of the most hype trailers ever

But even the original teases with Noctis sitting in the throne and doing all the shyt with the swords originally was hype as hell. A shame

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, I hope they can stay independent. Studios never really do that great when Microsoft buys them. Sony seems to get a lot out of their dev teams, but I don't really care for their direction with Jim Ryan at the helm. Them being bought out by Nintendo means that we'll see all of their games limited by ancient hardware, so no thanks there. Out of those three, I'd guess I would prefer Sony, but I like the ability for them to have their AAA tier which they typically release on Sony machines first and then their lower budget titles which they usually release on Nintendo machines. I feel like the latter would disappear under Sony and they'd be relegated to AAA titles.