Square Enix says PS exclusivity lost them over 2 billion & they may never recover.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Shii sound like cap tho(blaming Sony for the loss I mean) they’ve had snes releases but they’ve traditionally well on Sony

The past couple releases outside 7 path been mid lowkey and I’m a fan. 15 had potential but that shyt was rushed. Cutting 16 on this weekend if I get a chance

How does it sound cap are you dudes reading??? Their biggest titles which were exclusives didnt meet sale expectations... Sony Thots didnt support or buy Enix games

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Company drops their biggest game in years and for years to come, immediately loses 30% of their value.

Sony stan’s
tenor.gif

It’s crazy how y’all just rush to defend anything associated with Playstation. Square is a 3rd party company. I know for a FACT none of you would be defending them if they didn’t cut xbox out a few games.

But don’t worry, they are putting their games on xbox now so you can lay down your arms and admit they got a lot of work to do if they wanna continue to exist as a video games publisher:ehh:
Cool when you playing final fantasy 16 or 7 xthots?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
When you have games like Elden Ring selling 12 million copies, been exclusive is dumb as fukk, but for some reason people keep paying SE for exclusives thinking they still in their prime and SE is too shortsided to say no.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Square Enix may be pleased with Final Fantasy 16‘s initial sales, but the PS5 exclusive couldn’t prevent the company from losing billions. A new report reveals that Square Enix has lost nearly $2 billion of its value since Final Fantasy 16’s release.

Bloomberg reports that analysts are concerned about Square Enix’s historical reliance on its Final Fantasy franchise to make up for a series of lackluster releases. This is partly why despite selling millions at launch, Final Fantasy 16 sales weren’t the saving grace that the company was hoping for. Square Enix previously said that the PS5 exclusive’s sales didn’t meet the “high end” of its expectations.

:mjgrin:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Go to Sony to die because their install base doesnt buy exclusives.... This is stated as fact from the court case.

taka.jpg
They brought in Yoshida for exactly this reason, but he can't make a whole nother FF and keep FFXIV going at the same time.

SE needs to figure itself out pronto.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since going exclusive with Sony they haven't had an 90plus metacritic. Sony ruin Square :hhh:
Let’s be real Forspoken was on PC and it was still trash. Xbox nikkaz wouldn’t fukk with that game either unless they put it on gamepass. Same goes with final fantasy 16.