Square Enix is releasing too many games for no reason

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just curious.

Can someone fill me on some background information on Metro Gamestation?

They went significantly/noticably harder than other critic on everything besides Tactics Ogre.

They even gave Crisis Core a god damn 4/10. All its other scores were highly positive.

Is it a thing with Square?
to be fair, Tactics Ogre is a titan in the world of SRPG's. its constantly compared to FF Tactics for best SRPG of all time.

Crisis Core is another okay at best spinoff of FF7.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Just curious.

Can someone fill me on some background information on Metro Gamestation?

They went significantly/noticably harder than other critic on everything besides Tactics Ogre.

They even gave Crisis Core a god damn 4/10. All its other scores were highly positive.

Is it a thing with Square?
idk

but one of the problems with all these review aggregators is not everyone is using the same scale. some reviewers will never give a game less than a 7, so it's like they're not using the whole scale. not to mention some reviewers are giving games 10's left and right. there's also x/5 scores being extrapolated into x/10 scores. "3 out of 5" doesn't sound as bad as "60%"

some reviewers are just harsh, but overall I think that gets outweighed by how many reviewers are too generous

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
to be fair, Tactics Ogre is a titan in the world of SRPG's. its constantly compared to FF Tactics for best SRPG of all time.

Crisis Core is another okay at best spinoff of FF7.
I Ogre and I go back a long ways.

That wasnt what I was questioning.

I was asking who Metro Gamestation was and why did they go particularly harder (sometimes drastically) than everyone else on every game reviewed on the list?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbots begging for games they won't buy. :laugh:

They had their chance to prove they wanted jrpgs with ff13 and ff15:yeshrug:

If the sales breakdown was even 30/70 square wouldn’t have ignored them. When you contribute only 10% or less to sales you make it pretty easy for a company to take the sony marketing which is more beneficial than whatever they would pay on xbox

Thats why every jrpg that comes to xbox now microsoft has to pay out the ass to get on gamepass, japanese publishers aren’t gonna bother otherwise

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They had their chance to prove they wanted jrpgs with ff13 and ff15:yeshrug:

If the sales breakdown was even 30/70 square wouldn’t have ignored them. When you contribute only 10% or less to sales you make it pretty easy for a company to take the sony marketing which is more beneficial than whatever they would pay on xbox

Thats why every jrpg that comes to xbox now microsoft has to pay out the ass to get on gamepass, japanese publishers aren’t gonna bother otherwise
So why aren't sony stan’s buying their games??:ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I wonder why so many games released so close to each other with little to poor marketing underperformed?:jbhmm:

They could ahve release these games over the course of two years with more polish, marketing, and they would have been received much better. SE needs better management

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
nikka went from

“OMG look at all these great games Square has coming out:gladbron:

To

“Damn why they release all those games :huhldup:

:mjlol:

Meach, you’re a gamepass-aholic, you should know what its like getting a slew of mid announcements in the morning and the sense of adrenaline you get from it :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All those gamepass games turned out way better than any of this trash. And you paid full price for it.

Play yourself brehs:mjlol:

Cap, the only games i bought from this list were tactics ogre, octopath 2, and forspoken, 2 out of 3 is better than all that gamepass JUNK