Square/Enix Appreciation

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't a fan till ffx came out and then I was like alright I see why nikkas love them. The kingdom hearts, ffx-2, kh2, ffxii, ffxiii came along and I was like :blessed:

Too bad my two fav companies have fallen off since then. :to:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Can't really say I appreciate them anymore. They're a shell of their former selves living off past glory. Unless you're talking about the Eidos side. The Japanese branch of Square Enix is a joke now. I've never seen a developer quite as disconnected from their own fans and what they want as Square Enix.
yeah man, square and capcom are some of the gaming companies that i grew up on so they'll always be :king: to me. these #newgamers need to show some class and respect the pioneers of this.
the people that built those companies are mostly gone now. The companies names still exist but the culture is entirely different than what it once was.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I really appreciate Squaresoft up until the PSX era, where they were my favorite company. They fell off hard during the PS3 era.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Mitsuda, who composed the majority of Chrono Trigger's, Chrono Cross', and Xenogears' OSTs also left. The best composer they have now is Hamauzu, who I find incredibly talented. Hamauzu primarily did the soundtrack for the Saga games until he got moved to FF13. I believe they still have Sakamoto, who did the soundtrack for Final Fantasy Tactics.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
If FFXV delivers like I think it will, everyone will hop back on the Square bandwagon. FF13 series is really the only stain on their resume, and even it has its share of fans. 11,12 and 14 were all good to great. Crisis Core was as well, and of course the KH series is critically acclaimed, including the DS games.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
They can give solid projects, as evidence by Deus Ex, FFXIV and Tomb Raider.

But they don't have that vice grip they used to have.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Forgot about The World Ends With You, didn't even know it was a Square game. Companies last classic, 6 years ago.

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
No company had half as many classics in the PSX/Snes days....even through PS2 still putting out heat. But no denying theres been a big dropoff in the newest gen :sadcam:. Something like dark souls wouldve been a square game back in the day. Still they'll always be one of my fav companies for all the classics they put out