Spoiler: Thanos the greatest villain of all time cuz...

Daps
He racked up the largest body count in movie history

Imagine... his numbers gotta be near infinity (a REALLY high number) with so many world's across the universe

Dude didn't discriminate either. Took out mortals and gods and high powered beings alike

That line from GOTG: "I will bathe the star ways with your BLOOD."

Had me :picard: at the time.

Now to know that this nikka really about that life :picard:

One thing I keep telling ppl that I wish the Russos would have thought about was having a scene showing people vanishing across the cosmos after showing Spiderman die

That would have been epic :banderas:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
But do you hate him as a bad guy? Killmonger was a cool villain but you really didnt hate him enough to not want to see his plans come to fruition

Daps
But do you hate him as a bad guy? Killmonger was a cool villain but you really didnt hate him enough to not want to see his plans come to fruition

I dont hate him and I think that's what makes a villain so great

if you hate the villain (Joffrey or that sicko Ramsey from GOT), you hate them and want them dead, and it's not enjoyable. Like, you HATE them

With Thanos, it's like, he's the bad guy but you understand him. You don't root for him cause he's about to wipe out half the universe, but you understand and see that there's more than one side of him

and then when he wins, it's like :ohhh: :picard: :wow:

I mean theres so many levels to this stuff, breh. Mark my words, folks are going to be analyzing this movie for a long time, cause I don't think any movie successfully made you UNDERSTAND the villain, where you know he's the villain, but you halfway like him, and then he wins, and then it's the end of the movie.

I don't think that has ever happened before

I hope I'm making sense. But the writers and directors really made a movie about a Villain, and in a way, he was the Hero.

still can't get over that "Thanos will return" :wow:

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
I still don’t understand why he wanted to do what he did:yeshrug:

He doesn’t want to be king of the universe

Is it retribution?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
cause I don't think any movie successfully made you UNDERSTAND the villain, where you know he's the villain, but you halfway like him, and then he wins, and then it's the end of the movie.

I don't think that has ever happened before
Actually a similar thing did already happen, in a comic book film before, with a similar type of plan that succeeds

Watchmen :ehh:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I still don’t understand why he wanted to do what he did:yeshrug:

He doesn’t want to be king of the universe

Is it retribution?
In the comic he's in love with Death and wanted to impress her

In the film they changed it to where he's obsessed with everything being "in balance" and basically feels like the universe is out of balance and struggling because there's just too much life. He explains it when he's telling Gamora about her home planet and what happened to it after he killed everyone.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh

thanos-wins.gif