SPINOFF - Which Comic movie will be the biggest flop?

Who flops hardest?

• Total voters

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Ant-Man is coming on the heels of Avengers 2, so it kinda hinges on how much people like that one. it's out less than a month later i think. wonder if there will be any lead in post credit scene, or story element in Avengers 2 that brings up Hank Pym and shyt.

We need a good perspective movie. Last movie to even do it was Honey I Shrunk the Friggin Kids, and we need a good Aquatic movie. So I think Ant-Man and Aquaman will be good.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i voted for wonder-woman

i still somehow think ant man will be good and a success :manny:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Fantastic Four. And I'm gonna laugh in all of the casts faces because they're probably happy like we did it guys! Fantastic Four! Raise your glasses. Here's to the fantastic four. Then it sucks and reviews suck and they feel bad and lmao fakkits. Wallace lmao

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
From the other thread, 30 comic movies are in the works. We've seen some flops in recent memory (Green Lantern, TAS wasn't as big as it should have been, MOS is forgettable, etc) but one of these is gonna come out and be the posterchild for Comic flops. Which do you think?

Not including Justice League, XMen, Avengers or GotG b/c we basically know they're gonna make bank.
what's considered a flop?? domestic? total?

spiderman shouldn't be anywhere on this list.. that's automatic money even if the movie sucks

ant-man i can't see anyone caring about unless they put him in avengers first or have a shytload of them in his movie

Conz

Superstar
Daps
what's considered a flop?? domestic? total?

spiderman shouldn't be anywhere on this list.. that's automatic money even if the movie sucks

ant-man i can't see anyone caring about unless they put him in avengers first or have a shytload of them in his movie
Spiderman's budget was $200 mil. That doesn't factor advertising in (at least i don't believe it does) according to imdb it made $202 domestic. If you're making a movie for hundreds of millions of dollars you're not looking to break even. Im sure it made a lot overseas, but 2 mil over budget domestically might as well be a flop. Especially when you consider the actual Spiderman character is not in the plans for a 3rd movie at the moment. If Marvel breaks even on a movie, everyone is gonna hail it a flop. Seriously though, even if Spiderman made $400 total, that kinda sucks for the popularity of the source material.

EDIT - damn, it made $708 worldwide. I guess Americans are just sick of Spiderman. Lets be real, we're all that matters when it comes to box office. No one is making huge blockbusters with their sights on strictly the overseas market. Still gotta figure that if Marvel studios put out a Spiderman movie, mixed in one of their people, it would do Iron Man money.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Spiderman's budget was $200 mil. That doesn't factor advertising in (at least i don't believe it does) according to imdb it made $202 domestic. If you're making a movie for hundreds of millions of dollars you're not looking to break even. Im sure it made a lot overseas, but 2 mil over budget domestically might as well be a flop. Especially when you consider the actual Spiderman character is not in the plans for a 3rd movie at the moment. If Marvel breaks even on a movie, everyone is gonna hail it a flop. Seriously though, even if Spiderman made $400 total, that kinda sucks for the popularity of the source material.

EDIT - damn, it made $708 worldwide. I guess Americans are just sick of Spiderman. Lets be real, we're all that matters when it comes to box office. No one is making huge blockbusters with their sights on strictly the overseas market. Still gotta figure that if Marvel studios put out a Spiderman movie, mixed in one of their people, it would do Iron Man money.
Lol @ we're all that matters.

Domestic totals have been going down year over year for a while now while worldwide totals keep going up and up.

In reality, domestic keeps getting less and less important.

Most studios are making movies with eyes on worldwide now.

This isnt the 80s and 90s.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
eyes on worldwide, but you expect to make profit in the US. there's no way they just shrug off a loss in America b/c it opened to $300,000 in some random small Asian country

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
eyes on worldwide, but you expect to make profit in the US. there's no way they just shrug off a loss in America b/c it opened to $300,000 in some random small Asian country
Not really. Very few movies make profit off just US alone.

And lol @300,000 in random asian country.

Transformers 3 made 301 million in china and only 245 million in the US.

Like I said, this isnt the 80s and 90s. Every year domestic totals keep falling and the rest of the world keeps going up.

You can completely flop domestically now and it doesnt matter.

Expendables 3 didnt even clear 40 million domestic but is at over 200 million worldwide.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, i wasn't talking about China obviously. yeah, and Expendables 4 is probably not happening, b/c those movies fukkin suck. As did TAS2. that's what it comes down to. no one is clamoring for more over here.

I'd actually be curious to see how much it costs to release wide across the globe + advertising in all those countries.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
One thing to keep in mind is that the cut studios get from the worldwide box office is a lot lower, due to different distributing deals and the fact Hollywood can't pressure the theater chains for the biggest possible cut like they do in US. That's why domestic gross is still incredibly important to studios even as the worldwide box office takes a bigger role.