Spin: Random sports things that have been forgotten

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Reggie Miller and Haywood Workman doing a Michael Jackson routine before every game

pregame GIF on GIFER
1IxK.gif

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I forgot about dude but Tyler Hansborough was a damn legend in Chapel Hill. Can’t remember what year it was but they got blown out in the Final Four (maybe to Kansas?) and I watched that at some bar on campus, never seen so many sad CAC faces in my lifetime.

the hype train behind him was serious, nikka thugged it out in Indiana for the pacers and was gone

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
College football games used to end in ties, even in bowl games. I started watching college football the first year when overtime was introduced so I never knew games had ended in ties before till years later when I was looking up scores to learn some history and saw games ended in ties. I really was confused about the ties in bowl games because I always thought they had to have a winner because it's a special game.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Sterling Sharpe was a three time first-team all-pro and led the league in receptions three times, TD's twice, and yards once.

Great post.

Sterling used to be the go-to Sharpe. Shannon was not on the radar like that until Denver won their first Bowl. But on the real, Sterling is the main reason Brett Favre’s stats don’t make any sense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People forget about the perception around Michael Jordan that he would get a ton of foul calls. I mention it because fans today were so quick to bash James Harden for drawing fouls as if their beloved hero didn’t get the same treatment from referees.

Also,

59QBj8jK7JMbAiY6hdj2JsItpCDjUyKcl69yCttm1TY.png

Maybe a few butt hurt dudes had that perception of Mike, but James Harden is full blown theatrics.Blatant ref baiting.Made an art out of it.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
-The Jets making it to the AFC Championship Game two years in a row.

-The 2012-2013 Lakers being looked at as the next super team and favorites to win the NBA Finals.

-Jim Joyce blowing Armando Gallaraga's perfect game.

-The Mets going to the World Series in 2015. Even at the time, it didn't feel like it was happening. :mjlol:

-Giants players going on a boat in Miami the same week they were supposed to play the Packers in the divisional playoffs, and everybody blaming the boat trip for the Giants losing.

-The 2008 Giants being the #1 seed in the NFC, and actually having a real shot to repeat as Super Bowl champions after upsetting the Patriots a year ago.

-The anthem protests actually beginning in 2016, but didn't become an even bigger source of controversy until 2017.

-Venus was just as successful as Serena, if not more so. It didn't become "Serena is the GOAT" until much later.

-The Giants (San Francisco) winning three World Series titles in five seasons, despite it never seeming like they were that interesting of a team.

-The Marlins winning two World Series titles.

-The Tampa Bay Rays being a horrible team for the first ten years of their existence. Then they got new management, changed their name from the "Devil Rays," got a new logo/uniforms, and went from last place in the AL East to American League champions.

-The 2011-2012 Spurs getting the #1 seed in the West, winning their first ten playoff games and then somehow losing four straight against OKC in the conference finals. In an alternate universe, we would have gotten Spurs vs. Heat three years in a row. :mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry:

Last edited: