FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This a spin off of @Sinister retconned thread

For those who don't know the Mandela Effect, it's when people remember something a completely different way than it actually was/or happened. It comes from Nelson Mandela because people remember him dying in the 1980s in prison. Which obviously was wrong, but a lot of people remember hearing he died.

A well known example is a lot of people use is "Berenstain Bears". A lot of people have a false memory of it being spelled "BerenSTEIN Bears".

Give examples in Hip Hop/R&B where you have a false memory of something.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I have a false memory of a rap group containing 3 Puerto Rican members, 2 guys and 1 female. They were in heavy rotation on BET. But after trying to find them online, nothin comes up. I don't think this group ever existed anymore, it might've been all in my mind.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Obviously the whole Styles P urban legend

People thinking fukk them other nikkas is a C Murder song

People thinking Spider Loc was a Game replacement when he was on G unit with Game at the same time

Jay z getting rid of the hypen and nobody noticing

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Stuff I personally remember but can find proof of

Beanie Sigel on g unit radio with Whoo Kid complaining about Jay..and being frustrated Freeway wouldn't speak up. This was about Jay not giving any budget for their albums but spending on himself. Beans was supposed to come out with a "true American Gangster"

50 cent saying that Dipset was a joke when Yayo and Jim were having their issue.

Max b dissing Cam on thisis50.com

Cuban Link dissing Fat Joe over the "I'm leavin" beat. Was called "you're p*ssy fat boy" sampling the 50 line. Outro was talking about security stopping him from showing up to the elephant in the room release party

Ross song with the same "true" spandau ballet sample that PM Dawn used

KRS saying he was going to respond to 50 saying he said he runs New York and nobody saying nothing on "ok you're right"

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10
I have a false memory of a rap group containing 3 Puerto Rican members, 2 guys and 1 female. They were in heavy rotation on BET. But after trying to find them online, nothin comes up. I don't think this group ever existed anymore, it might've been all in my mind.

Powerrule?

Deadman187

All Star
Daps
Y’all gone have to prove the C murder one!!

Its Snoops song, it first appeared on his No Limit Topp Dogg album in 99

512TAwl6tPL.jpg

No Limit then put it on C Murder's Trapped in Crime album a year later

ddoucette214

Rookie
Daps
I love these type of threads y’all thank you @Sinister and @FreshAIG and all contributors.

I could of swore there was a Pimp Hard remix with UGK on it. I can still hear the Pimp C repeating the Eightball line “fresh Cadillac seats holdin me up...” and I could’ve swore there was a video.

Ludacris or some other rapper coming on Rap City in 2000 wearing The Rock’s “Just Bring It” shirt. I remember because I’m a huge wrestling fan and it immediately stuck out to see a rapper wearing WWE/WWF merch. Never seen any footage of such.

As a kid, evidence of 2Pac being alive after Vegas seemed so convincing I really did believe it. RIP Pac.

Kanye was supposed to be on I Got Money with TI and Jeezy. Drake was supposed to be featured on I’m Single with Wayne. I think Drake wrote the hook tho.

“Pop shyt apologize..just ask Kiss...” people saying Jadakiss got a 2 way page from Jay Z during 106 and park saying he apologized for the beef.

All the mislabeled Napster/Kazaa/Ares/Limewire/Morpheus/Bearshare songs, blends we thought were real songs , actual rare songs etc. that we still can’t find to this day :mjgrin: