Spin: How would you rather live. 50k vs 100k?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
why isn't how much you're able to stack important to you?
I have no problem with saving money.

There is a notion in the other thread that how much money you have left over is more important than the amout you are bringing in.

LOL nice try, but this hypothetical won't work cuz if I truly value savings, what realistically, would prevent you from cutting expenses and saving more?

Nothing is stopping. This is also getting to the point I'm trying to make.

Bringing in a 100k grants you many more options than making 50k living frugal and saving a lot

Daps
Always choose to make more (assuming other things, like hours worked, job related stress levels, job location, etc. are equal)

Daps
I have no problem with saving money.

There is a notion in the other thread that how much money you have left over is more important than the amout you are bringing in.

Nothing is stopping. This is also getting to the point I'm trying to make.

Bringing in a 100k grants you many more options than making 50k living frugal and saving a lot

Including the option to live like you make 50k and save a whole lot more:lolbron:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
100k is a lot of money. especially for me being the way i am. i'd like the way i do now making 28. so since i cant save it what's the point in having it :manny:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Why not? What is your gripe with saving? I don't understand why you wouldn't want to have a large amount of money to stack.

:childplease: I don't have a problem with saving.

I should have explained it better in the OP, but the 250 and 1,000 is what you have left over after you have taken out everything you need to take out of your check for the month.

I never said those amounts were what was put into savings

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't get this logic

Why?

Having 12 k(1k/month in savings) as opposed to 3000(250/month) is way better.
Unless I own the things I have(house; car, and basically everything else is paid off or very close to being paid off), then the 100k is nothing. W/ the 50k, I have more in reserve money, which I can put a majority in an investment and use the rest to travel.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
personally, I'd rather make 50k a year and work only 8 hours a day and get home at a reasonable time to see my fam on a daily basis than work 12-16 hours a day to make 6 figures and have my job consume my life.

For me, I make more than 50, and less than 100. but I believe I make probably like 10k less than my younger sister, yet she works waaaaayyyyyy more hours than me (her husband was telling me this last week). getting off at like 8 and 10pm on the regular. meanwhile I get off work while its still day time, have time to exercise 4 times a week, and can be at home eating dinner with my wife and kids every night. plus I only have to be in the office 4 days a week. for those perks, I'd happily sacrifice a little money for that piece of mind.

bufu

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll take the $100K, then after seeing that I only saved $250 the first month, I'd cut down on my expenses so I have $1K each month saved up :skip:

If you're making 100K a year and only have $250 to show for it after every check, you're doing something wrong.

edit: changed from yearly to monthly savings :snoop: no wonder it looked so off

Daps

I should have explained it better in the OP, but the 250 and 1,000 is what you have left over after you have taken out everything you need to take out of your check for the month.

LOL now I'm confused... Does the underlined include, food, entertainment, transportation, lodging, etc..... Basically everything you need to live on for that month? Cuz that's how I took it...

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I got that. If everything is paid for then the 1k i'd invest/save. In the reverse situation if everything is covered, then the 250k I'd invest/save. Having 1000k left over after expenses just seems like a better deal to me.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I got that. If everything is paid for then the 1k i'd invest/save. In the reverse situation if everything is covered, then the 250k I'd invest/save. Having 1000k left over after expenses just seems like a better deal to me.

Whatever you are investing for... The person making 100k has already reached that amount.

Lets be real, you are not doubling your income by investing

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
LOL now I'm confused... Does the underlined include, food, entertainment, transportation, lodging, etc..... Basically everything you need to live on for that month? Cuz that's how I took it...

Yeah, it also includes money you put into investments, savings and such?

Don't most people take that money out first when they get paid?