SPIN: Ethnic Groups You Had Good Experiences With?

Daps
Also, sadly...I've gotten along more with cacs in canada. These "brehs" up here are mad weird.
I only got along w/ my Trini (real trini, not my mom and dad...but I was born toronto fake trini) homie in Parkdale...and his folks.
Canadabrehs talk too funny and remind me of suburb nikkas back home.

so you don't get along with dudes out here cuz we talk funny? that's the only knock?

you know there's a lot of carribeans here, so I don't even know what you mean by talk funny. the standard toronto / gta accent for black pppl has a west indian tinge. doesn't seem unusual to me, although i see what you mean by "SOME" of us sound like suburb nikkas - my accent is definitely CACish:yeshrug:but I am truly a suburb nikka, I'm not originally from toronto - lived on the surrounding buroughs.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
so you don't get along with dudes out here cuz we talk funny? that's the only knock?

you know there's a lot of carribeans here, so I don't even know what you mean by talk funny. the standard toronto / gta accent for black pppl has a west indian tinge. doesn't seem unusual to me, although i see what you mean by "SOME" of us sound like suburb nikkas - my accent is definitely CACish:yeshrug:but I am truly a suburb nikka, I'm not originally from toronto - lived on the surrounding buroughs.
Now, I really gotta hit up T-DOT. I heard they did have a large West Indian population.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Arabs: Always been very nice, the older ones have always opened their homes and made great food. And the younger ones are kinda cool.

Albanians: Went to school with a few of em...very nice people.

Native Americans: My elementary school was a social experiment when the student body was made as diverse as possible, meaning we had some native american people. VERY DEEP people even as kids its like they have a deeper understanding. You ever meet one from any tribe take the time and just pick their brains for a second.

South East Asian: Between the Pinays, Indonesia, Maylay...all very nice...all love the BBC :laff:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Arabs: Always been very nice, the older ones have always opened their homes and made great food. And the younger ones are kinda cool.

Albanians: Went to school with a few of em...very nice people.

Native Americans: My elementary school was a social experiment when the student body was made as diverse as possible, meaning we had some native american people. VERY DEEP people even as kids its like they have a deeper understanding. You ever meet one from any tribe take the time and just pick their brains for a second.

South East Asian: Between the Pinays, Indonesia, Maylay...all very nice...all love the BBC :laff:
I have a question about Albanians. Are they similar to Italians? Because I watch Mob Wives and they have an Albanian on the show.

P.S. damn I didn't know Detroit was diverse like that.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
No one everyone hates me, including my own ethnic group. :birdman:
No really Ive gotten along with just about every group of people as long as their cool but I will say I never gotten along with biracial people ( black and white) . :scusthov: I've had nothing but unsavory Encounters with them and a lot them annoy me to no end. Its more so because alot talk badly about black people and think because their mixed someone is suppose to fall at their feet.:camby:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I have a question about Albanians. Are they similar to Italians? Because I watch Mob Wives and they have an Albanian on the show.

P.S. damn I didn't know Detroit was diverse like that.

In a way, but less loud and animated. They for sure have some eastern European sensibilities.

METRO Detroit is hella diverse, we talking large bastions of Black, Polish, Mexican, Arab, Chaldean, Hmong and Vietnamese, Jewish and more all in the metro area. Detroit proper may be ethnically homogeneous but the areas near it are very eclectic. Hell Hamtramick has city wide prayer call for Muslims, and islamaphobia is basically a non factor here.

I went to magnet schools my whole life so even though it was still public schooling. Some kids from other hoods or even outside the city could come.

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
ethiopians

especially the girls when i was in high school:shaq:

filipinos, pacific islanders

hmm...thats about it really