Spin: Black Male Statistics

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Let's discuss this :huhldup:

*In Chicago, only 30% of Black males graduate from high school, of these only 3% of them obtain a bachelor’s degree by the time they’re 25.

*Schott Foundation for Public Education/National Student Clearinghouse/Study by Consortium on Chicago School Research at U of Chicago

*1.46 million Black men out of a total voting population of 10.4 million have lost their right to vote due to felony convictions.

Source: Thomas, P., “Study Suggests Black Male Prison Rate Impinges on Political Process,” The Washington Post (January 30, 1997),p. A3.

*One in three Black men between the ages of 20 and 29 years old is under correctional supervision or control.

Source: Mauer, M. & Huling, T., Young Black Americans and the Criminal Justice System: Five Years Later (Washington DC: The Sentencing Project, 1995).

*Black college men end up just a few dollars ahead of Whites who went no further than high school.

Two Nations by Andrew Hacker

*The Black male homicide rate is seven times the White male rate.

*Black women are 18 times more likely to be raped than White women.

*The Justice Department estimates that one out of every 21 Black men can expect to be murdered, a death rate double that of U. S. soldiers in World War II.

A young Black male in America is more likely to die from gun fi re than was any soldier in Vietnam.

*Black men earn 67% of what white men earn.

*53% of Black men aged 25-34 are either unemployed or earn too little to lift a family of four from poverty.

*The share of young Black men without jobs has climbed relentlessly, with only a slight pause during the economic peak of the late 1990’s. In 2000, 65% of Black male high-school dropouts in their 20’s were jobless — that is, unable to find work, not seeking it or incarcerated. By 2004, the share had grown to 72%, compared with 34% of White and 19 % of Hispanic dropouts. Even when high-school graduates were included, half of Black men in their 20’s were jobless in 2004, up from 46% in 2000.

*Incarceration rates climbed in the 1990’s and reached historic highs in the past few years. In 1995, 16% of Black men in their 20’s who did not attend college were in jail or prison; by 2004, 21% were incarcerated. By their mid-30’s, 6 in 10
More young Black men in the United States have done time than have served in the military or earned a college degree, according to a new study.

The paper, appearing in the American Sociological Review, estimates that 20% of all Black men born from 1965 through 1969 had served time in prison by the time they reached their early 30s. By comparison, less than 3% of White males born in the same time period had been in prison.

The New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/20/national/20blackmen.html?_r=1&oref=slogin ” “Plight Deepens for Black Men, Studies Warn.”, March 20, 2006

*Three states with the highest percentage of Black inmates greater than 63% are Maryland (77%), Louisiana (74%), and Mississippi (70%) followed by Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina.

Report from National Urban League, 2006

I see you TSH :mjpls:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
We're already aware that we're in a political cesspool.

The question is, how do we get out?

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I mean, what exactly is there to discuss? What could we possibly do? Again breh...why did you need to do this? :why:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I aint letting this thread die

*Posted*

OK what is your point exactly? You're mad from what Reincar posted so you're trying to "get even" by revealing stats about us? We didn't do anything to you.

And there is nothing we can do about these stats because we on this board are mostly the exception to what is posted....

This thread does nothing.

There is nothing to do about these stats.

So again, what is your point?

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
OK what is your point exactly? You're mad from what Reincar posted so you're trying to "get even" by revealing stats about us? We didn't do anything to you.

And there is nothing we can do about these stats because we on this board are mostly the exception to what is posted....

This thread does nothing.

There is nothing to do about these stats.

So again, what is your point?

1. I aint post these stats.

2. I never did anything to anyone on here but I'm called every fat single black bytch/single mother in the book on here. :rudy: