• Total voters

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
:scusthov: @ Next being mentioned.

I abosutely hated the song butta love :snoop:

I like all of them except the aforementioned.....

Bonus song:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blackstreet >>> Dru >>> JE >>> 112 >>> Next

EDITED: My explanation...

Blackstreets first 2 albums sh1t on any of the other groups albums listed in the poll, but by the time the third album came out, with the Janet collabo "Girlfriend/Boyfriend" and "Think About You" they unfortunately fell off. Mark Middleton is an underrated singer by the way. These guys could of been bigger and just came off a huge album (Another Level) which is a good mid 90s rnb album...but sh1t just wasnt right with the constant member changes (too much internal drama). They have the most classic songs out of all thee groups (Before I Let U Go, Fallin In Love Again, Dont Leave Me, Money Cant Buy Me Love remake, Booti Call, U Blow My Mind, No Diggity...and even the rugrats song was decent for kids etc). Chauncey Black, Dave Hollister, Teddy, Mark Middleton....no group in the poll is fukkin with these cats

Dru Hill was cool, but the 2nd album was a little bit shaky (still good though) and the come back album in 2002 was "meh" when they added the 5th dude. I also just couldnt get by the Sisqo wanting to be K-Ci and Jazz wanting to be Jojo in certain songs throughout their career. The Jodeci rip off was thing was annoying, but with that said they still put out some good music in the late 90's.

Jagged Edge was ok there and there (mainly with ballads like goodbye, walked outta heaven, promise, i gotta be etc) but I don't know.... something about them I just don't like like that. Can't really get into their albums either like I can with groups that came before them such as Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Tony Toni Tone etc or even the solo artists that came in around the time they did (Donell Jones, Carl Thomas etc). To me, JE are mostly a singles group with two cool lead singers (the brothers).

112 = overrated. They did have some cool singles (Love Me, Only You, Its Over Now etc) but some bad songs too (Hot & Wet, U Already Know, What If, Peaches and Cream was meh), and these guys cant really sing to be honest. No one in the group can blow vocally. The JE twins were better vocally then the entire 112 to be honest. But overall 112 did have some hot singles from 1996 to early 2000's. Then it was a wrap. Another product of Badboys rap'n u records contracts.

Next = mediocre group. 2-3 hot singles from one album, and then Wifey from the 2nd joint and that was it. Again, RL is an average singer at best (and thats being generous), while tweet (i think thats his name?) and the next dude were just there for decoration.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Dru Hill was cool, but the 2nd album was shaky and the come back album in 2002 was "meh" when they added the 5th dude. I also just couldnt get by the Sisqo wanting to be K-Ci and Jazz wanting to be Jojo in certain songs throughout their career. The Jodeci rip off was thing was annoying, but with that said they still put out some good music in the late 90's.

Jagged Edge was ok there and there *(mainly with ballads like goodbye, walked outta heaven, promise, i gotta be etc) but I don't know.... something about them I just don't like like that. Can't really get into their albums either like I can with groups that came before them such as Boyz II Men, Jodeci, Tony Toni Tone etc or even the solo artists that came in around the time they did (Donell Jones, Carl Thomas etc). To me, JE are mostly a singles group.

112 = overrated. They did have some cool singles (Love Me, Only You, Its Over Now etc) but some bad songs too (Hot & Wet, U Already Know, What If, Peaches and Cream was meh), and these guys cant really sing to be honest. No one in the group can blow vocally. The JE twins were better vocally then the entire 112 to be honest. But overall 112 did had some hot singles from 1996 to early 2000's. Then it was a wrap. Another product of Badboys rap'n u contracts.

jagged edge a singles group???? no luv for JE Heartbreak?

yea, 112 is a bit overrated.

haha. yea dru hill was the late '90s jodeci from top-to-bottom.
sisqo = k-ci
big jhaz = husky jojo
nokio = devante
I guess woody = dalvin. weren't they both writers mostly?

Dettol

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jagged edge a singles group???? no luv for JE Heartbreak?

yea, 112 is a bit overrated.

haha. yea dru hill was the late '90s jodeci from top-to-bottom.
sisqo = k-ci
big jhaz = husky jojo
nokio = devante
I guess woody = dalvin. weren't they both writers mostly?

Nope. No love of JE Heartbreak.
Dru Hill did come off as the fake Jodeci. Then Nokio had the nerve to wear the Jodeci shirt in the "I love you" video. SMH... They 2nd though, cause "Beauty" is still fire regardless lol.

112 is very overrated. They always got saved by the beat.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Nope. No love of JE Heartbreak.
Dru Hill did come off as the fake Jodeci. Then Nokio had the nerve to wear the Jodeci shirt in the "I love you" video. SMH... They 2nd though, cause "Beauty" is still fire regardless lol.

112 is very overrated. They always got saved by the beat.

lucky for dru hill, they had a different sound. but yea, their overall template & vocal stylings were str8 clonery.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
blackstreet was the chit, even before dave Hollister:

Last edited by a moderator: