Spiderman's Swag In This Scene Is Impeccable!

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
that scene where them constructions workers helped out spider-man was on some emo peter Parker dancing at the club level of cheesiness :snoop:

werd. that shyt was corny as fukk...and why couldn't that nikka just web sing on the buildings like he been doin?

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

werd. that shyt was corny as fukk...and why couldn't that nikka just web sing on the buildings like he been doin?

Spidey had just got shot in the leg by a cop, so I guess he needed some help...but yeah that scene was pretty meh.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I don't think they butchered every other aspect of the film. The big flaw was the entire lizard character- the way he was scripted, his plans, his look (the shaky cgi.) That was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but I also think people focused so much on it that they ignored other stuff that this film did well. I also think they ignored some good elements of the film because people thought it was too soon for a reboot and just assumed the worst. There were other minor things, but for the most part, pound for pound, I think this film got more right than the first Tobey film, which isn't to say the Tobey film had nothing going for it.

Gwen > Dunst's MJ

Uncle Ben and Aunt May > their earlier counterparts

Uncle Ben's death in this one > his death in the first movie

Oscorp in this one (minus the Lizard stuff) > Oscorp in the first movie

Spider-man's arc in this movie > his arc in the first movie (I really like that he never caught the dude who killed Ben, too)

The sets in this movie > the sets in the Toby film (not just because of technological advances, but the way they shot NYC here, which is integral to any Spider-man story for me, was way better)

Flash in this film > Flash in the Tobey film (maybe not by much, but I did think ultimately they did a better job.)

Having the lizard as the villain > having the green goblin as his first villain. And think honestly about this- when the first Spidey movie came out, everyone was just so happy to have a Spidey movie that they gave a lot of its flaws a pass. Looking back, was the Green Goblin really any worse than the Lizard in this movie? He looked horrible, his schemes were stupid, his script was horrible (that last scene before his death where he tries to convince Peter that he was a father figure = trash.) Nowadays, people make excuses for that and say you have to enjoy the over the top, cheesy element, but then why not make the same argument for the Lizard here? I understand that people were expecting a better villain because it's years later and the technology is better, etc, and we didn't get a better villain, which is disappointing, but was it really all that much worse this time around?
Jesus Christ this shyt is so wrong. You trolling right?

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Ok that editing at 1:32-1:33 is straight up :wtf:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
its called a jump cut. its a legit technique and was placed perfectly while peter clowned

I mean...it's a legit technique, but when it's the ONLY jump cut, like it is in that scene....it's incredibly awkward.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps

In the movie, he stopped looking. I haven't seen it since it opened...will probably watch again this week...but I remember being disappointed that this idea was dropped for most of the 2nd half of the film.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Nah bruh, but if you want to debate the point, I'm more than happy to be convinced otherwise.
le go:shaq:

1.) This film butchered Peter and I blame the writing. Comic Peter, in general, is a mocked, prideful teenaged genius turned accidental superhero who learns about responsibility the hard way. Raimi's Peter is a pushover/nobody nerd who turns into a superhero after learning to never put the puss over the fam. Webb's Peter is a loner genius slacker rebel without a cause angst teenager who the audience never really gets to understand.

Regardless of how much Garfield tries, Peter is written to completely unlikable in everything he does minus the bridge scene. He's practically a Mary Sue ala Twilight's Bella. We're given no reason why anyone would like Peter yet Gwen falls for him from the get. Not to mention, Pete breaking into private labs for shyts and giggles....screwing some intern out of a future for shyts and giggles...Lying to a dying man...Then theres how he handles Ben's death, ignores/disrespects his Aunt and Uncle repeatedly. Also without the wrestling bits, why does Pete design a Spider costume? Oh cuz he fell in a luchador wrestling gym and likededededed it :shaq2:

2.) Ben's dead is fail. Peter's whole motivation for fighting crime and not living the life with his new found powers is because his actions lead to Ben's death. Amazing Spiderman robs Peter of that. Ben's death ends up being entirely Ben's fault. Raimi's film had enough sense to put Pete in a position where his pride lead directly to criminal killing his Uncle. Webb's Peter flatout says "lol its not my problem" not spite the store owner like Raimi's Pete did, he lets the guy go because he truly is a dikk. Even when Ben is bleeding out on the ground, Pete yells to someone to call the ambulance....this a$$hole was just on his cellphone the scene before.

3.) Oscorp was no different than in Raimi's film only Norman was absent. A generic big bad Corporation.

4.) Pete donned the costume out of revenge on some Batman shyt. He never considered being a hero until the Bridge scene and even then his only goal was stopping the lizard. Haphazardly stumbling into a iconic character is lame.

5.) Half this film wasnt even flim in NYC and what was filmed was done in the dark or the gutta places.

6.) Flash was a generic "im better than you" jock who existence lead to Peter's transition to Spiderman in Raimi's film. Flash in Webb's film goes from a bully to a victim to a BFF yet still manages to be unimportant to the story. Take him out and not a damn thing changes.

7.) As for Goblin > Lizard:what:

Lets see
Costume: Goblin - Power Ranger Lizard- Super mario Goomba
tumblr_m6v2sdP9aY1r9uj5do2_1280.jpg

Character: Goblin - Hyde wannabe via lab experiment gone wrong with plans of domination because he's Superior to everyone else
Lizard - Hyde wannabe via lab experiment gone wrong with pl.......:shaq2:

Writing: Goblin - Norman slowly going mad was great. His relationship with Peter and Harry was believable and the cat and mouse he played suspenseful

Lizard - See Doc. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Kurt has almost no personality because the writers didnt do shyt for him. He pops up for 2 minutes at a time to remind us there's a bad guy in this film. Kurt's ties to Peter is extremely contrived also as is Pete's backstory

Amazing Spiderman is a lazy mediocre film. They only thing it has going for it