Spiderman's Swag In This Scene Is Impeccable!

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It was disappointing to see them nail the Parker character while simultaneously butchering almost every other aspect of the film...

I don't think they butchered every other aspect of the film. The big flaw was the entire lizard character- the way he was scripted, his plans, his look (the shaky cgi.) That was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but I also think people focused so much on it that they ignored other stuff that this film did well. I also think they ignored some good elements of the film because people thought it was too soon for a reboot and just assumed the worst. There were other minor things, but for the most part, pound for pound, I think this film got more right than the first Tobey film, which isn't to say the Tobey film had nothing going for it.

Gwen > Dunst's MJ

Uncle Ben and Aunt May > their earlier counterparts

Uncle Ben's death in this one > his death in the first movie

Oscorp in this one (minus the Lizard stuff) > Oscorp in the first movie

Spider-man's arc in this movie > his arc in the first movie (I really like that he never caught the dude who killed Ben, too)

The sets in this movie > the sets in the Toby film (not just because of technological advances, but the way they shot NYC here, which is integral to any Spider-man story for me, was way better)

Flash in this film > Flash in the Tobey film (maybe not by much, but I did think ultimately they did a better job.)

Having the lizard as the villain > having the green goblin as his first villain. And think honestly about this- when the first Spidey movie came out, everyone was just so happy to have a Spidey movie that they gave a lot of its flaws a pass. Looking back, was the Green Goblin really any worse than the Lizard in this movie? He looked horrible, his schemes were stupid, his script was horrible (that last scene before his death where he tries to convince Peter that he was a father figure = trash.) Nowadays, people make excuses for that and say you have to enjoy the over the top, cheesy element, but then why not make the same argument for the Lizard here? I understand that people were expecting a better villain because it's years later and the technology is better, etc, and we didn't get a better villain, which is disappointing, but was it really all that much worse this time around?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don't think they butchered every other aspect of the film. The big flaw was the entire lizard character- the way he was scripted, his plans, his look (the shaky cgi.) That was a dealbreaker for a lot of people, but I also think people focused so much on it that they ignored other stuff that this film did well. I also think they ignored some good elements of the film because people thought it was too soon for a reboot and just assumed the worst. There were other minor things, but for the most part, pound for pound, I think this film got more right than the first Tobey film, which isn't to say the Tobey film had nothing going for it.

Gwen > Dunst's MJ

Spider-man's arc in this movie > his arc in the first movie (I really like that he never caught the dude who killed Ben, too)

The sets in this movie > the sets in the Toby film (not just because of technological advances, but the way they shot NYC here, which is integral to any Spider-man story for me, was way better)

Flash in this film > Flash in the Tobey film (maybe not by much, but I did think ultimately they did a better job.)

Having the lizard as the villain > having the green goblin as his first villain. And think honestly about this- when the first Spidey movie came out, everyone was just so happy to have a Spidery movie that they gave a lot of its flaws a pass. Looking back, was the Green Goblin really any worse than the Lizard in this movie? He looked horrible, his schemes were stupid, his script was horrible (that last scene before his death where he tries to convince Peter that he was a father figure = trash.) Nowadays, people make excuses for that and say you have to enjoy the over the top, cheesy element, but then why not make the same argument for the Lizard here? I understand that people were expecting a better villain because it's years later and the technology is better, etc, and we didn't get a better villain, which is disappointing, but was it really all that much worse this time around?
this movie was fire all around, i cant take anyone who thinks the og spidey films were dope seriously.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

Gwen > Dunst's MJ

Having the lizard as the villain > having the green goblin as his first villain. And think honestly about this- when the first Spidey movie came out, everyone was just so happy to have a Spidery movie that they gave a lot of its flaws a pass. Looking back, was the Green Goblin really any worse than the Lizard in this movie? He looked horrible, his schemes were stupid, his script was horrible (that last scene before his death where he tries to convince Peter that he was a father figure = trash.) Nowadays, people make excuses for that and say you have to enjoy the over the top, cheesy element, but then why not make the same argument for the Lizard here? I understand that people were expecting a better villain because it's years later and the technology is better, etc, and we didn't get a better villain, which is disappointing, but was it really all that much worse this time around?
Damn. U kinda right.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
It was disappointing to see them nail the Parker character while simultaneously butchering almost every other aspect of the film...

But they don't hear u though.....I don't get how this movie got so much praise....shyt was a diapointment

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
And another thing. Some of the effects in Tobey's Spider-man were atrocious, even for the time.

Click the link for the specific time in the video:
Spiderman 2002 Full Movie (5/8) - YouTube

Look at how horrible that scene is- it's obviously a stuffed dummy with a moving background, and they just had Dunst hold onto it. When you watch it out of context, you can see how bad it really is.