Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Combat is incredible on this .

Like a Batman on steroids but instead of countering it's dodging and countering with a variety of dynamic finishers and options. And that's just the first stage. They really cared about this project. So many ways to attack. Folks gonna be making nice little clips off this.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

I ran a 170 freight train in 2001's Microsoft Train Simulator at 30 FPS today and it was an enjoyable experience. :ehh:

I wish I never discovered this graphics shyt. Almost 20 years ago when I was running that sim on a 2000 Gateway anything over 20 FPS was good. Didn't know what the fukk AA was. Jaggies? So what? Now everything has to be perfect and smooth. :noah:

I watched Jim Sterling's review of the game and I didn't see anything that looked like a downgrade. This dude Cleanprincegaming on YouTube said that shyt was comparable to Watchdogs. No wonder the rest of the community shyts on him.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Like a Batman on steroids but instead of countering it's dodging and countering with a variety of dynamic finishers and options. And that's just the first stage. They really cared about this project. So many ways to attack. Folks gonna be making nice little clips off this.
Looking forward to this. Your God of War vids were piff.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Free theme

I saw that the other day as a "deal" on Slickdeals so I went ahead and grabbed it since it was free. It's pretty dope theme. I just wish it was animated.

For the most part I hadn't been really stoked for the combat. It just looked like it was gonna be a button mashing experience with Spiderman doing all the acrobatics whether you asked him to or not. I was cool with that as long as I got a chance to swing around the city like in the old Spider-man 2 game back in the day. But the things I'm starting to hear about the combat from the actual finished product is promising. Can't wait to get my hands on it now.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I saw that the other day as a "deal" on Slickdeals so I went ahead and grabbed it since it was free. It's pretty dope theme. I just wish it was animated.

For the most part I hadn't been really stoked for the combat. It just looked like it was gonna be a button mashing experience with Spiderman doing all the acrobatics whether you asked him to or not. I was cool with that as long as I got a chance to swing around the city like in the old Spider-man 2 game back in the day. But the things I'm starting to hear about the combat from the actual finished product is promising. Can't wait to get my hands on it now.
Controlled button mashing.

As long as your aware to evade you can get real cinematic with the combat options.

Punch punch punch hold punch uppercut(launch) punch punch punch web web press triangle (web comes out spider Man attached to enemy and pulls himself to kick, hold triangle (web comes out spider Man attached to enemy and does powerful ground throw.) Lands, dodges, press triangle and circle one shot finisher. Web web web web web to guy near wall, he's plastered against wall, l1 r1 (Spidey grabs nearby item. And hits enemy with it. Circle Dodge near wall Spidey jumps on wall then square he pounces off wall and attacks head first...

Lotta options here out the box.

Play on hardest difficulty for the true experience

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps

I know it’s early.... is god of war better than this

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I know it’s early.... is god of war better than this
God of war is slower and probably better since it's a tighter game with more environments

This combat is more accessible and easy even on hardest difficulty

Took a while to beat even regular enemies on hardest gow mode, in the beginning..

This is more casual and a lot of fun with fluid dynamic combat.

Spidey could react a lil faster to evade to me though.....tired of getting Sean Michael super kicked in my chin by 3 feet at one time

:francis:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I ran a 170 freight train in 2001's Microsoft Train Simulator at 30 FPS today and it was an enjoyable experience. :ehh:

I wish I never discovered this graphics shyt. Almost 20 years ago when I was running that sim on a 2000 Gateway anything over 20 FPS was good. Didn't know what the fukk AA was. Jaggies? So what? Now everything has to be perfect and smooth. :noah:

I watched Jim Sterling's review of the game and I didn't see anything that looked like a downgrade. This dude Cleanprincegaming on YouTube said that shyt was comparable to Watchdogs. No wonder the rest of the community shyts on him.

Don't mind me the last couple pages I've basically been lightly trolling lol. I agree for the most part.

I only really notice when I'm either playing a game like a FPS or a smooth fast paced one where frames matter like a fighter or shooter, or the frame rate is super inconsistent. Other than all this "fps" stuff doesnt matter to me, its nice, but not make or break

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The Elite Gaming thumbs up :wow:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Controlled button mashing.

As long as your aware to evade you can get real cinematic with the combat options.

Punch punch punch hold punch uppercut(launch) punch punch punch web web press triangle (web comes out spider Man attached to enemy and pulls himself to kick, hold triangle (web comes out spider Man attached to enemy and does powerful ground throw.) Lands, dodges, press triangle and circle one shot finisher. Web web web web web to guy near wall, he's plastered against wall, l1 r1 (Spidey grabs nearby item. And hits enemy with it. Circle Dodge near wall Spidey jumps on wall then square he pounces off wall and attacks head first...

Lotta options here out the box.

Play on hardest difficulty for the true experience
Yeah see it's hard to explain my logic, but I don't really consider what you described to be button mashing. At least not the kind that I dislike. Either way, that sounds good. Can't wait to get my hands on it.