Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uh

:lebrondamson:

Minor aliasing touch ups, but man us Pro owners ain't getting much benefit here

I tend to find comparison videos of PS4/PS4 Pro games online worthless. You can't see the difference unless you're looking at a direct feed video on a 4K TV itself. if the game is 1080P on PS4, a 1440~4K bump will result in a much cleaner looking game. That is lost in a compressed youtube video.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Uh

:lebrondamson:

Minor aliasing touch ups, but man us Pro owners ain't getting much benefit here

hard to tell on a computer or smartphone screen.

edit:
I tend to find comparison videos of PS4/PS4 Pro games online worthless. You can't see the difference unless you're looking at a direct feed video on a 4K TV itself. if the game is 1080P on PS4, a 1440~4K bump will result in a much cleaner looking game. That is lost in a compressed youtube video.

bingo

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Happy Console Gamer gave it a good review and says it lives up to the hype. I've got too many games to play right now but I'm excited to pick it up at some point.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

NO COLLUSION DOWNGRADE!

The people who really believed it was downgraded are quiet now. :mjlol:

- Final game has identical texture resolution to the E3 demo. The Spiderman suit material changed (E3 suit was glossy). An artistic change, not technical.
- Per-pixel motion blur. Best implementation they've seen to date. Adjustable in-game.
- No checkerboard rendering on PS4 Pro, uses temporal injection technique used in Ratchet and Clank.
- Adaptive resolution on PS4 Pro. Ranges from 3456x1944 to 2560x1368. Hitting that low point is "extremely rare". Average resolution is 2816x1584. Upgrade from E3 demo which was 1440p.
- Base PS4 also uses adaptive resolution. Most of the time it's 1080p but can hit 900p.
- Building reflections blend between four cube maps depending on height.
- Missing puddles not due to performance issues. Artistic change. Reflection cube map changed from the one used in E3 demo. DF hypothesizes it would have been difficult to re-adjust puddle placement taking the change into account.
- Puddle reflections work the same as they do in the E3 demo.
- Uses volumetric lighting with great shadow quality and ambient occlusion.
- Cars use different types (incandescent, LED) and colors of headlights. Attention to detail overall is pretty nuts.
- Traffic and pedestrian density appears higher in the final game.
- Slight shadow differences in the final game vs the E3 demo. Looks more realistic in the final game. Overall more lighting/artistic differences.
- Texture detail, building interior detail, reflections, and lighting are better in certain scenes in the final game vs. the E3 demo.
- Runs at solid, stable 30fps on both PS4 and PS4 Pro "99% of the time". A dropped frame or two can happen. Motion blur adds to the smooth experience.
- Some scenes require loading. Relatively quick (< 10 seconds).

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Looks like we got one Spider-Brehs:blessed::blessed::blessed:

I'm so washed:heh:. I'm lookin at the price like why I gotta pay 60 instead of 50:martin:. I usually wait until a game has been out for a couple of weeks to a month before I cop, but I can't say no to a dope Spidey game:wow:

This stupid as hell:heh:. I'm taking my girl out to a burlesque show Friday night and probably somewhere on Saturday. She knows those 2 days are our day, but Sunday:ufdup: Sunday is my day:youngsabo: