Spider-Man (Official Thread)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
june was never realistic. kids are on holiday. september is perfect release for a character as big as this. shyt gone light up the charts all the way up to the holidays.

A month before RDR 2, it would have been better for them to drop this months earlier so it can sink it and give time for the game to be utilised fully. Come October this will be a mere after thought to the game of the year. Either way Sony kicking ass and taking names this year God of War, Detroit, Spideman.:mjcry: Just so good to own a PlayStation like the IPhone a new PlayStation is got my money of the strength Sony always delivers.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps

captureec55f4119f510dad.gif
capture2671245f4095c80fe.gif

:wow:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
A month before RDR 2, it would have been better for them to drop this months earlier so it can sink it and give time for the game to be utilised fully. Come October this will be a mere after thought to the game of the year. Either way Sony kicking ass and taking names this year God of War, Detroit, Spideman.:mjcry: Just so good to own a PlayStation like the IPhone a new PlayStation is got my money of the strength Sony always delivers.
Spider Man appeals to kids though. So it’s going to be fine. I feel Spider Man on PS4 might be the biggest seller on PS4 ever. Hot Take: Spider-Man is gonna sell better than Red Dead on PS4.:jawalrus:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

game of the year accolades are cool but sales are better. Spider-Man is a huge property, Sony would never launch this game during the summer, that's usually understood as dry months for games. Like I said, kids are on vacation and whatnot. The appeal of Spider-Man is so universal that when this shyt drops it will move console units with it, and the bundle (im sure there will be one), will be a must get from the moment it drops all throughout the holiday season.

Red Dead is gonna be huge, but its appeals its largely to people cemented as gamers. Spider-Man will bring casuals and little kids, they don't really care or even know about game of the year awards or shyt like that.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did Microsoft allow this to happen?

Nothing they could do. Marvel approached Sony about working with one of their properties because apparently they loved and respected the treatment their big first party games get and how they play. Sony then approached Insomniac to develop it and gave them the opportunity to choose whatever property they wanted. They chose Spider-Man (I read this from an Insomniac dev that posts on ResetEra, will post links if i can find them).

also, the fact that apparently they had green flag to choose whatever property they wanted as led to speculation that more Marvel-Sony exclusives could happen in the future (likely dependent on how this Spider-Man pans out).

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How did Microsoft allow this to happen?

But they got backwards compatiblity! :gladbron: (cause they have no exclusives worth a damn)

All jokes aside, when Disney and Sony made that deal to let Disney use Spidey in the MCU, I'm sure this was negotiated as well.

Sony been delivering dope exclusives for over 2 decades. It's why they will always be successful. Nintendo knows this as well.

Xbox bruhs .....17 years in....... and :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Controls:
  • L3 to dive and gain momentum
  • X to send out a zip web (used to move around buildings quickly and make sudden turns in direction
  • Scan environment by pressing R3
Suits:
  • You start off with the traditional suit
  • They don't explain the white spider, but do explain some aspects of the new suit, the red parts on the suit are made for armor reinforcement, where he might get hit the most and the blue parts are used for flexibility in order to traverse easier
  • They saw silhouettes of a dozen suits, but they said there would be more in the final game
  • It seems like certain suits will have their own abilities
Combat:
  • It's fast and fluid
  • Spider-Man jumps from one enemy to the next with ease
  • All about giving the player choices; webbing up and using items, fighting enemies in the air, using gadgets, finishing moves.
Peter Parker:
  • The part that they got to play with Peter Parker is the one we see in the PGW trailer at the F.E.A.S.T shelter
  • Walk around the shelter interacting with various items, speaking to characters
  • They compare it to those quiet moments in Uncharted games where people are walking around going about their business interacting with each other and various things in the environment
The Open World:
  • The city is densely packed with people and life. Saying that none of the details disappear when they are at a distance
  • Can interact with citizens; take selfies with them, high five, finger guns
  • Definitely Marvel's Universe; Avengers building, Wakandan Embassy
Side Activities:
  • One has you grabbing various backpacks that Peter has webbed up in the past , the one they picked up in the demo had and image Spider-Man's old webshooters
  • Taskmaster has placed various bombs all over the city that need to be defused
  • Earn crafting components for competing these missions, bonus objectives during them give you more materials
  • Outposts that are run by Kingpin need to be taken down
  • Seems like Shocker bit from the trailer is tied into a side mission
  • Random crimes happen; robberies (actually get to go into interiors), car chases.
  • Take photos of some golden cats that are strewn about by Black Cat
Leveling System:
  • Gain experience for doing various tasks; finding landmarks, combat, exploration.
  • Various traversal upgrades; swing speed, faster launching
Gadgets:
  • Tripwire which we've seen in the demo
  • Web bomb which incapacitates a group of enemies at once
  • Spider Drone which can shoot webs of it's own at enemies
DLC "City Never Sleeps":
  • Committed to keeping people engaged after the main story
  • Each will feature a unique villain, storyline, missions, challenges, and suits
  • First one is called "The Heist" and features the Black Cat
Minor Story Details:
  • Mary Jane and Peter are not together at the time
  • Game opens up with having to take down Kingpin
  • Opens up in Peter's apartment showing some daily bugle cut outs of Vulture, Electro, and Rhino. Doesn't confirm them as villains in the game, just that some cutouts of them getting captured by Spider-Man are there.
The best part is the quote at the end:

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game"

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All jokes aside, when Disney and Sony made that deal to let Disney use Spidey in the MCU, I'm sure this was negotiated as well.

it has nothing to do with that deal. Insomniac are the ones that chose Spider-Man, not Sony:

“Long story short: Sony came to us and asked if we wanted to work with Marvel. Sony and Marvel let us decide what character/universe we wanted to make a game based on. We chose Spider-Man.” Insomniac was essentially given free range to choose where they wanted to focus their energy in the Marvel universe, and they landed on Marvel’s Spider-Man themselves, rather than having it assigned to them.

[source]

there's an Insomniac dev on resetera that said the same thing. and I remember around E3 when the game was shown, Sony peoples said Marvel are the ones that approached Sony because they wanted them to develop one of their properties as if it was a Sony first party property.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
it has nothing to do with that deal. Insomniac are the ones that chose Spider-Man, not Sony:

there's an Insomniac dev on resetera that said the same thing. and I remember around E3 when the game was shown, Sony peoples said Marvel are the ones that approached Sony because they wanted them to develop one of their properties as if it was a Sony first party property.
Yeah, Marvel also went to Square Enix to develop an Avengers game IIRC. That should be revealed at E3 .
Marvel’s move back into console gaming takes a huge step today, as the comic book company announces a multi-year, multi-game partnership with Square Enix, beginning with The Avengers Project.

Developed by Crystal Dynamics in collaboration with Eidos Montreal, The Avengers Project is the working title for the first game to come from the newly-announced partnership. Details are scant, and the description provided is pretty vague.
https://kotaku.com/marvel-comics-and-square-enix-launch-new-partnership-wi-1791651439

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Nothing they could do. Marvel approached Sony about working with one of their properties because apparently they loved and respected the treatment their big first party games get and how they play. Sony then approached Insomniac to develop it and gave them the opportunity to choose whatever property they wanted. They chose Spider-Man (I read this from an Insomniac dev that posts on ResetEra, will post links if i can find them).

also, the fact that apparently they had green flag to choose whatever property they wanted as led to speculation that more Marvel-Sony exclusives could happen in the future (likely dependent on how this Spider-Man pans out).

Man that’s crazy. Insomniac just worked for Microsoft with sunset overdrive. Should have locked them up for an exclusivity contract