"Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" 2018 animated film thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Also, strip away the SM name and what is Parker relative to what big corps care about? A nerd with a sense of responsibility? There's plenty of those to choose from.. i.e. Corps don't give as much a shyt for Parker as they do the costume and quips of the "spider" brand, the stuff that has little kids spending all their parent's money regardless of if Parker is married with kid or back in high school or acting as a Shield instructor for Fury in a cartoon. For all his 70 years of history, they were good with just killing off uncle ben and having whichever chick of the moment fall a long ways down due to a goblin, on repeat.

If they want to use Miles as Spider-Man, or Supergirl, or Batgirl, or any other legacy character to tell stories that reach out to a demographic, I have zero problems with it as long as the stories are good. Once they get people into the theaters with the brand, then it's up to the writers and directors to give a compelling story for the character.

And nor do it see it as an "either or" thing, where "oh why not Patriot?" Well shyt, we can tell them to use that Captain America brand for Eli too. I'm off that crabs in a barrel ish. If BP works, we demand more. If Miles works, we demand more. And then one day hopefully we have more of us who can do the creating, and even then, we'll still demand even as we're creating our own shyt.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Crabs in a barrel implies that I hate the character for simply being black, when the reality is that I a don' hate the character at all. I hate that he's a waste of storytelling. I hate that within that same frame on infancy we've had characters like moon girl, viv, and Kamala do more. And Peter is a nerd that can do more, he is the nerd that can do more. That choices have consequences. That doing good things doesn't always lead to good conclusions. That's Peter Parker without the spider. Thats been the staple for countless young heroes since his creation. It shouldn't be hating to want more from characters.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
call me when miles is interesting
That's actually what I was hoping for,they would retool his character so he has a personality, :skip:
Uncle Aaron back and he was my favorite part of the comics so I'll let this cook:blessed:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
The animation for this looks dope. It's kinda like more fluid stop motion.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie was announced like a month after Spider-Man Homecoming was announced.

I'm a bit disappointed that they're doing a Spider-Verse story, but seeing as things from MIles' story was taken and used for Spider-Man Homecoming, I guess they had to try something different.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
25007833_508619832846662_2686192513944911872_n.jpg

QD4f7sa.jpg