'Speak No Evil' (Remake of the 2022 Danish Film) | James McAvoy, Mackenzie Davis | Official Trailer [9/13]

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
In, looks way better than the original so far. First film was tryna be some artsy shyt instead of a legit horror, I just wanna be genuinely scared goddamnit.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The OG version built a great atmosphere but the way the family moved throughout was mindboggling ridiculous, satire on middle class European politeness be damned. Just way too on the nose there. Cast looks good here though, and I don't see the director of 'Eden Lake' as someone who would sugarcoat the story's brutal elements. *knock on wood*

The trailer does give away a major plot reveal, which I'm kinda dumbfounded by, but fukk it.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, looked a lot like the OG film to me. Knowing where things are headed for the most part, can't say I'm really interested in this remake.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
The OG was a nice lil watch. Mainly because I never seen the trailer.

Not sure why this one was selected for a remake this soon.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like the reason the original movie worked was because of the cultural norms in play where this family is simply too kind and passive for the sake of their own survival. That doesn’t translate to American norms of self preservation so I don’t really know why they chose to remake a movie that was already in English.

With that said, I have absolutely no interest in revisiting the premise whatsoever :russ:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I feel like the reason the original movie worked was because of the cultural norms in play where this family is simply too kind and passive for the sake of their own survival. That doesn’t translate to American norms of self preservation so I don’t really know why they chose to remake a movie that was already in English.

With that said, I have absolutely no interest in revisiting the premise whatsoever :russ:
Yeah. Crazy all the marketing for this movie. Most people don't even know it's a remake of 2 year old movie. Lmao

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Premise reminds me of Michael Hanekes's Funny Games or the remake, whatever one I saw like 15 years ago.

Hated that at the time, but could have just been young, expecting a thriller and getting some weird shyt with Michael Pitt goofy ass. The concept is similar, or at least the satire is. The idea of manners and politness and social customs.

Possible to see this and still enjoy it, but theater preview in front of Cuckoo gave away the entire premise, rising action, falling action and conclusion

Had I not seen the preview, would be much more interested.