SOUTH SIDE Series | Season 2 Official Trailer|HBO Max

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
:smugdraper:when the one breh said he was from Harvey on the show at the golf course

:banderas:but you just brought me back bringing up them areas tho. soon as i was whipping I was all over them spots. especially Dolton and B.I./Cal Park.

Shaw went to Thornton for my burbs fam!!

:yeshrug:
we ONLY say we from Chicago when it applies to out of town people cause no one knows Cal City, Cal Park, Dolton, Blue Island, etc…

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
which one is shaw?
nup_188510_0554.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I wish more shows were filmed here. in the united states there are only a handful of cities that are instantly recognizeable on screen and look good in movies/tv. even LA is kinda generic to me. the east coast cities

DC/NYC/Boston/Philly and chicago in the midwest look good in films.

atlanta looks generic as they try to use that fill in for a number of other cities.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I wish more shows were filmed here. in the united states there are only a handful of cities that are instantly recognizeable on screen and look good in movies/tv. even LA is kinda generic to me. the east coast cities

atlanta looks generic as they try to use that fill in for a number of other cities.

Agreed. Been to Wisconsin a couple times. I love the old architecture aesthetics of the Midwest.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

Ughhh I hate when they film in Atlanta and Toronto and try to pull it off like it’s Chicago. It’s not authentic. I love that the chi and all the NBC Chicago shows film here, and yeah I wish there were more too. Like especially when it comes to comedies, those kind of shows prove that it’s more to Chicago than crime and depressing things.
I remember there was a show about paramedics that focused on humor, i dont think it lasted long & I think it aired on USA. And then you have shows like Shameless, a show about a family with issues but held each other down. It wasn’t all gritty, but it had a nice balance (I guess) and that show lasted a good while. i hope South Side sticks around for a while.

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I said this before, but shameless claimed to be on the south side. and it kinda was, but a lot of it is in california. especially the final season.

this show is ENTIRELY filmed on the southside. that is clear. even the chi is filmed on both the south and west sides.

When Shameless was in the filming in the city they was on the west side, a lot of the chi also.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Just finished season 2. Every episode had me in tears. :laff:

It’s a shame Lil Rel isn’t in it more often though. He was funny as hell in season 1.

And yes, the officers steal the show. I’m always dying when they’re on screen together.:laff:

The Allen Gayle as the lawyer turned politician is a genius character. The election episode definitely felt like The Boondocks at its peak satire.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
When Shameless was in the filming in the city they was on the west side, a lot of the chi also.

shyt, on shameless, they claimed to live on the south side in canaryville. but their crib was actually in south lawndale on the west side.

however, I have seen them filming on the south side on 43rd street before near king drive. so they were all over the place. a lot of it is also filmed in california.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Ughhh I hate when they film in Atlanta and Toronto and try to pull it off like it’s Chicago. It’s not authentic. I love that the chi and all the NBC Chicago shows film here, and yeah I wish there were more too. Like especially when it comes to comedies, those kind of shows prove that it’s more to Chicago than crime and depressing things.
I remember there was a show about paramedics that focused on humor, i dont think it lasted long & I think it aired on USA. And then you have shows like Shameless, a show about a family with issues but held each other down. It wasn’t all gritty, but it had a nice balance (I guess) and that show lasted a good while. i hope South Side sticks around for a while.

a lot of movies/shows are also filmed in vancouver. and it NEVER looks like the city they try to portray it to be.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Boston and Philly don’t look like anything special and DC is rather unremarkable as well outside of using shots of the White House, Capitol and monuments

LA is install recognizable with deep blues skies, expansive layout spike with palm trees standing out above everything. SF also looks amazing with the hills ocean, bay, and bridges