‘South Side’ Renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
South Side” has been renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max.

Season 3 of the comedy series will now be the second season of the show to air on HBO Max. Season 1 debuted on Comedy Central in 2019 before the show was sold to HBO Max along with fellow Comedy Central series “The Other Two,” which was picked up for a third season in September. The first two seasons of “South Side” are currently streaming on HBO Max.

“South Side” follows two friends (Sultan Salahuddin, Kareme Young) who just graduated from community college and are ready to take over the world, but until they do, they’re stuck working at Rent-T-Own. The show is shot on location in Chicago’s Englewood neighborhood.

“We are blessed,” said series co-creators, stars, and executive producers Bashir Salahuddin and Diallo Riddle. “We get to make a show starring our family and friends about a city we love. ‘South Side’ finds joy in the extraordinary adventures of ordinary folks. We challenge ourselves to make every episode a unique and unexpected journey. We have no clue where our characters will find themselves in season three and we couldn’t be more excited to find out.”

'South Side' Renewed for Season 3 at HBO Max - Variety

Along with Sultan Salahuddin and Kareme Young, the cast for the show also includes Bashir Salahuddin, Riddle, Quincy Young, Chandra Russell, Zuri Salahuddin, and Nefetari Spencer.

Bashir and Riddle co-created the series with Sultan. Bashir and Riddle also executive produce along with Michael Blieden, Tony Hernandez of JAX Media and Ari Pearce, Kristyn Deignan and Tara Power for MTV Entertainment Studios. MTV Entertainment Studios produces the series.

“To be able to bring this world and these characters to life has been a true joy,” said Suzanna Makkos, executive vice president of original comedy and adult animation for HBO Max. “A lot of people say that ‘South Side’ is about the American dream, and the stories that Bashir and Diallo have crafted completely embody that dream with both razor-sharp humor and refreshing cultural commentary. I think I speak for everyone here at HBO Max when I say, ‘it’s time for the percolator.’”

optional screen reader

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Folk here saying this is funny. Gonna have to watch it before march if I can

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Happy for them.

But what's good with that second season of Sherman's Showcase?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Funniest show on TV and its flying far below the radar. Why isn't his shyt getting traction online??

Yeah, I don't get out. This is by far one of my favorite comedies to come out in a very long time. I'm glad that it's at least still getting repeatedly renewed despite the continuous lack of buzz around it.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Funniest show on TV and its flying far below the radar. Why isn't his shyt getting traction online??
It's a very Black comedy.
Set in Englewood, where most of the "Chicago violence" is said to happen.
Cacs in the Chicago area have a deep fear of the South Side, so the name alone is a turn off.
No white cast members or white saviors. No 'word to ya mutha" characters. No white friendly storylines.
No shoe horned LGBTQ shyt. No c00ning.
Just hilarious realistic Black comedy about the hood without reinforcing negative stereotypes.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It's a very Black comedy.
Set in Englewood, where most of the "Chicago violence" is said to happen.
Cacs in the Chicago area have a deep fear of the South Side, so the name alone is a turn off.
No white cast members or white saviors. No 'word to ya mutha" characters. No white friendly storylines.
No shoe horned LGBTQ shyt. No c00ning.
Just hilarious realistic Black comedy about the hood without reinforcing negative stereotypes.

Look all I'm saying is this is the time for this show to take off like a fukking rocket. hilarious show with good production by an authentic cast and writers

Abbott Elementary (I'm a fan) is crushing twitter rn, that show is funny but this is another level. people definitely have access to hbo max bc euphoria is taking the world by storm at the moment. No way they cant make their way over to this show